Any Rockzfx Academy students here?

Another interesting channel ive found is DarkHorseFx on youtube. Its run by two english guys, they use a simple break and retest strategy, and use the 50 EMA and FIB for extra confluence. They also have videos showing how they used this strategy to pass the FTMO challenge.
They are marketing their course on the fact that they teach you how to pass the challenge.

@tradeforex077 Would be good to hear your opinion :+1:

1 Like

yeh I watched dark horse fx videos. I mean they’re about as basic as they come lol. Break and retest and theyve added ema and fibs. They have nothing new. The strategy is over done. Its BS, this is not a strategy to sell, there nothing further to add that you cant get for free.

Having said that, theres a few things I liked about them. They themselves say it’s a very simple strategy and if the risk reward is good then you can be profitable. The course is only 100 quid, which is really cheap compared to others. Nick shawn charges $1000 to teach the same BS… So I dont think theyre trying to fleece everyone because they wont make much at that price. But it’s not the course you pay for, I’d say you pay for their group and them calling out the trades they take. It’s all pending orders so no getting in late.

I would even consider joining them as I spent that much on takeaways in a few weeks. And this is a lifetime membership. I wouldnt see it as paying for the course but more to be in a group all looking for the same setups. So if you’re busy and someone finds a setup, you can quickly have a look and if it looks good put a order in. Price wise they’re really good but aint sure about the content yet.

Just watched this video, must be dying to sell courses?

Also surely he can mention that it was the FTMO challenge?

Yeah it’s obvious. That’s just weird. This is why I say hes not as transparent as I’d like. A few things here and there just dont make sense. Anyway the student himself says his strategy was too complicated and he changed it and traded that way. So it’s not his strategy that caused any profitability. Secondly a million in what did he say a week?! With 1% risk. Lol! I would take that with a pinch of salt. Once again doesnt quite add up. Also when he was asked what he would do with the profits, he gave a strange answer.

Cant be arsed watchin it again but im sure he said he passed the challenge (10%) in one day.

I cant even find the video on youtube. Has it been taken down?

yess, he was lying so Rockz deleted the video.

On hindsight the 10% target in one day is possible, the guy could be telling the truth.

Even I have seen that video but did not find anything new there.

The course isn’t expensive so there is not much risk except your time. However if this guy does have a successful system then he must have made significant money from it himself so ask to see his trading account. Also within the course does he allow you to copy his trades live. If not then be cautious.

Darkhorse fx lol that guy TOM SHAW is student of rockz
He is in community learning from rockz studying 1 min strategy. He is active on slack everyday there.

Yeah I heard that mate, I joined DH last year, I asked him last year If he would recommend Rockz Fx to learn some extra price action stuff, and get a better understanding of the market, but he refused to say and pretty much ignored the question.

Ive moved on from all that though :joy:

LOL yeah I asked him same and he kicked me out of that “LIFETIME” group! I think I remember you taking 3 FTMO accounts at once and quit your job right? Hope everything is going well for you bro.

1 Like

:rofl: yeah that didnt end well mate failed those 3. No regrets though, the group got me trading so im thankfull for that. But the trading style, and the way it is wasnt for me.

How you getting on?

So are you a student of Rockfx? Would you recommend?

Im not personally but they seem descent, and they seem to have an active community, and some funded traders.

Have you taken any courses? I don’t mind paying for the right course but it is a mind field and looking for recommendations is difficult.

After his comments about ICT, I can say that im not a fan of Rockz now :joy:, not trying to put anyone off the course though its probably good for what it is. Plus if your resourceful enough you will be able to get his masterclass course for free as its been leaked everywhere.

You could try ICTs free youtube content, theres probably more in all of that than you will find in a paid course, and will give a basic intro into smart money and some good trading concepts.

There’s a lot of free resources online. Just be sharp to filter out useless ones. Free but true gems are hidden everywhere.