Any suggestion for a good broker/DEMO?

Hi everyne,

I am a newbie from the UK(London), I want to start my DEMO. Any suggestion for a good broker/platform? free and no time limit?

I rather go with the broker that I eventually use with real money after my demo trading finishes.

Thanking you in advance,
Payman

Use mt4 platform. Friendly to use even for newbie like us. I use demo on hotforex. But on real I don’t pick them :slight_smile:

Thanks Spidypips.

Hi,

Check: Pepperstone, HotForex, AxiTrader ( all MT4 + NY-close )

Cheers

In UK and Ireland we can spreadbet - has tax advantages plus easy to understand - the problem with some demo accounts are that they do not reflect reality - no slippage - no re-quotes - no lock-out during news, no spread change in high volatility etc.
I have live and demo with capital spreads - have found that both are exact duplicates so can try out new startegies with confidence - charts are’nt great - use forex.ltd for demo mt4 charts - no time limit, and more importantly no nuisance tel calls.
I use etx (no demos) because they have excellent charts (tradeable from) but also limitations - e.g. fibs not customizable like in mt4.
The big advantange of mt4 are the many indicators - ICT’s gmt pivots for example - or his ADR, or Bill Williams’ strangely named fractals and so on.

that seldom happens. as you become experienced, you often find a ‘better’ broker along the way.
having said that, Oanda, Dukascopy, MBTrading UK could be good demo brokers to start with. they have MT4 and non-MT4 platforms.

If you don’t have much experience in trading I’d recommend StartFX2 platform from Forex Club.
If you’re an experienced trader, it’d be smarter to open an account on MT4/Rumus/ActTrader platforms (again Forex Club).

Yes, Use MT4 traidng platforms, but I use demo account on Ikonfx.

the first and the foremost thing is learning forex and this should get the prime importance.At the start you should not go for earning must try to get as much knowledge as possible and try to make full use of this forum.Once you will be more knowledgeable than the earning will be easier for you.

Go for FXCM and open a demo account to practice. Good luck guy

I’ve used a handful of brokers but have settled on FXCM. Prices are good, no dealing desk execution, choice of MT4 or their own platform and great support.

I’ve opened demo accounts with Pepperstone, Alpari and GFT. If you do open with Alpari or GFT though, prepare for phone calls. They solicit demo traders to open live accounts. :mad:

Thanks so much

for the platform i guess you noticed most of them suggesting MT4 or metatrader4 which is the most known I guess, its a good stepping stone to stick a known platform for future plans if you decide to go with EAs or bots, for the broker i suggest you make some research and choose 3-5 brokers you like and open demos with them (you dont have to use real credentials) so you can compare and maybe from there you choose which one to go with and best of luck…

one last thing do not rush with a lie account if you really have to then keep it at a minimum to test the water, its different when you go live :smiley:

Thanks Jingoy, very useful hints.
Payman