Anybody in ARKF?

Hopefully this is the right place to talk about an ETF. Been looking at ARK Fintech lately. New fund as of 2019, but performance since then has been attractive. Thinking about parking some treasure there for a while. Anyone been in this, or have thoughts on it?

Cathie Wood changed the game up, big time. What I love about the ARKx ETFs is the insane amount of transparency you’re going to get. They post daily snapshots of their holdings for all ETFs, so you can track in near-real-time how their active ETFs are being managed. Meaning, you can get out if you don’t agree w/ the turnover.

To me, this is one of those things that you just automate to pick up x amount of shares / week or month or whenever and you only check it quarterly.

I would compare this against XLF (at a minimum) - the XLF expense ratio is like 6-7x less, so, that is a factor. Compare the holdings and performance and pick one, or, split the difference and invest in both. As long as you’re saving, it doesn’t matter what you do to be honest.

If you want to get crafty, take it a step further and learn about cost basis reduction and dollar averaging. I’d focus more on the former and learn about selling calls against positions to generate weekly/monthly/quarterly income (IF THE IMPLIED VOLATILITIES ARE RIGHT).

2 Likes

Well that gives me something to read about. Thank you. I’m already working on comprehending this “wheel” thing a buddy of mine swears by.

Just randomly checked their YouTube page and whoa look at that insane spike in views:

From 43k to 1M the next week. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Didn’t one of the funds just lose all of its 2021 gains? I think that was a couple weeks ago.

Chart looks like this one took an ugly hit like that. I think it would definitely be a long hold for me.

Well, Square and Paypal would give you exposure to btc if that’s your thing. Not familiar with some of the other companies in the fund.

Glad to help…

The wheel is a good stepping stone into more advanced (and profitable) strategies.

When you understand those concepts completely, selling naked strangles/straddles is the next progression, and where you can really open up a lot more possibilities. Too many transactions/executions/things to watch when executing the wheel. It’s much more straightforward to just trade naked- you’ll get there eventually! Just keep grinding. :slight_smile:

1 Like