Anyone know where I can find a tick chart for mt5?

The only tick chart I found wasnt free…am asking because tick charts are commonly talked about yet I cant find free ones??

but be aware that the only tick data that any spot forex broker can give you is their own tick data, not the market’s tick data

there’s no tick data available for the spot forex “market”, by definition, because it’s a decentralized “market” with no voume or transaction information available, and one broker’s ticks won’t help much

you can get it for forex futures, from CME (cheap, but not quite free)

You have a tick chart in the market watch.

Thats not the tick chart am talking about,
I mean this:

i understand

there are many different kinds available - some free, others not

what i’m trying to explain (perhaps not clearly enough - sorry!! :blush: ) is that whatever type of tick-based information you want to display under your chart, like any charting software it can construct a display only from the information fed into it, and all that can ever be fed into it, in the case of spot forex, are the tick-data from the individual broker to whose data-feed it’s attached

there isn’t any “universal, objective market data” for it to display because there isn’t a universal, objective market for spot forex from which such information could be monitored

thnkx for sharing ey

I think finding free tick charts can be a bit challenging because the data required to construct tick charts is typically more detailed and intensive than standard time-based charts.

1 Like

Oh…thnkx for info, was very helpful in understanding why I cldnt find anything. :+1: