Anyone using GFT Australia?

Hi there,

Is anyone using GFT Australia that can offer an opinion on their service and reliability and quality of their service? I am demo trading at the moment and have the following questions which I hope someone out their with a live account with them can perhaps answer.

1. I find the data feeds for the demo accounts have a lot of gaps. Does this happen in the live accounts?

2. The history does not go back far enough for me. For example, in an hourly chart I can only see back as far back as two months. I need to go back further than that. Does a live account contain more history?

3. I obtain a data feed from another source and find that the two have different prices for their standard currency pairs - as much as 4 pips which affects the candles. Is this typical of all brokers?

I do find that their online support pretty good though.

Thanks in advance.

The Mez

Hey there…

i have a freind who was using GFT and she had to say that they are average and do not have facilities of PDA mobile and all …

With regards to your questions …demo and live is the same they arent supposed to have gaps adn also for the majors 4 pips spread is too high …it should be between 1-3 pips …ideally 1-2 pips …

have alook at my broker they do not have gaps, have good charting and better time frames as well and also offer spreads which go as low as 0.5 pip… wsd-fx.com

Hey Mez,

I traded with them last year. I had no problem, they were very good! As for the gaps yes gaps happen live. I can’t really remember about the history part though maybe just ask customer support. And yes there will be a slite diffrence in spreads and price between diffrent brokers.

Overall they were pretty good, never had any trouble withdrawing funds, and like you said customer support is good to.

Hope that helps
Boyfx;)

I use GFT Australia thro Kinetic Securities. :slight_smile:

[U]Before I answer your questions, I make is clear that I am not receiving any benefits or inducements for my answers.[/U]
My answers are my own personal opinions.

1. I find the data feeds for the demo accounts have a lot of gaps. Does this happen in the live accounts?

I have never seen a gap in the demo account, let alone the live account!! :smiley:

1. The history does not go back far enough for me. For example, in an hourly chart I can only see back as far back as two months. I need to go back further than that. Does a live account contain more history?

Good grief!!
You are very particular aren’t you!! :eek:

I find that the history going back 2 months on an hourly chart is absolutely spectacular!!
That is more than enough for me!! :slight_smile:

1. I obtain a data feed from another source and find that the two have different prices for their standard currency pairs - as much as 4 pips which affects the candles. Is this typical of all brokers?

I have meticulously checked the GFT Dealbook price feed with MB Trading and found that the difference is no more than 1 pip at the most but ususally they are the same price.

I do find that their online support pretty good though.

[B]I suspect that their online support must be the best that there is.[/B]

1. When I first enrolled, they took me thro the online application live.

2. They sent me all other necessary forms, checked then and telephoned me to confirm they were correctly filled in. At the time I sent my forms by email, they were online and confirmed the receiving of them immediately.

3. They monitored my funds transfer meticulously by phone and sent and emails to me 24 hours after I bank transferred them.
    They phoned me to tell me I was ready to trade.

4. My funds went straight into the local bank that I use - hey you can’t get better than that!!

5. Sometimes I need technical assistance. They are always there, even at night when I phone them.
    When the problem was a difficult one, they transferred me to America for level 2 support at their expense.

6. Withdrawals are online and my funds are in my local bank usually within about 24 hours, at most 2 days from the time of filling in the online form.

7. I receive regular emails from them advising me of holidays etc.

8. Kinetic securities sends me a trading update every day.
    Every so often they send an email to ask how I am going.

[B]I do not think you can get better than this.

I am very, very happy and satisfied with GFT Dealbook and the service of GFT Australia.[/B]

Hey Tymen,

I mean no disrespect and i’m sure you have been around the forex game for some time, but have you really not ever seen a gap on a chart? It’s just funny, cause in the 3+ years i’ve been around i’ve seen plenty of them. I thought it was common knowledge that there are gaps. Someone plz back me up and tell me i’ve seen gaps and it’s not some sort of broker BS.

Boyfx;)

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses. They have been very helpful.

I’ve seen gaps in my Demo account which is why I posted the question on whether or not they appeared in live accounts. I was assuming and please correct me if I am wrong, that some brokers usually have two data feeds, one for live accounts and one for demo accounts.

I had have the opportunity of having two data feeds (both demo) from two brokers, one never had gaps and the other did, and as I said in my original post some price differences were different which affects the outcome of some of the candles and candle formations.

Off topic - I am trying to find a broker in Australia without going overseas. Most brokers user either MT4 or Wintrader and Dealbook. I am looking for one that uses Fibonacci Trader 4 aswell.

Thanks,
The Mez

My experience with them was they deactivated my demo account a couple days after I opened it demanding I give them my phone number so they could provide training.
Is this normal just for opening a demo account?
Thanks

Tom

I have checking dealbox360 looks great but have question:
I have read bad reviews about slow exection and slippage, requotes

What do you think about that?

Anyone have experience with iamfx?

Thanks

hawww did they really do that, shame on them :wink:

They sure did!

Sent some emails back an forth and they wont let me look at the demo accounts without talking to them first on the phone.
Weird.