Apparently, there are now EVTs

All the talk about how a lot of NFTs are already worthless got me curious about what’s next for NFTs and the crypto scene in general. :open_mouth: And it’s interesting that apparently, there’s this new thing called Encrypted Variable Tokens (EVT). Have you heard of this before? :thinking: I’m still reading up on this cause I literally just heard about it today. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not in the loop much, but I haven’t heard anything new about the metaverse, crypto, or blockchain.

I thought the metaverse was booming, and now it seems quiet. Is the metaverse still growing?

As far as EVT, I’m wondering about the sustainability of any of this stuff…

It seems we’ve found the shiny new thing.

1 Like

I’m also not familiar with EVT. The article mentioned is a year old. I wonder if there are any new developments or updates on this.

1 Like

Good question. :sweat_smile: Tbh, I haven’t really heard much about this. :confused: I also thought it’d be booming by now and we’d be interacting in a cool virtual world or something, especially since Facebook was leading the technology in this. :open_mouth: But I don’t think people are ready for it yet so the hype has died down? I just stumbled upon this EVT and I’m not sure I’ve been able to fully grasp what it’s all about. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OMG you’re right. :open_mouth: Since I haven’t heard about this before, I assumed it was something new. :open_mouth: Guess this EVT thing also didn’t work out?

Damn, you’re right! This has come and gone before anyone even really noticed. NFTs are over. EVTs are over. What’s next? The next big hype might last less than a day!

1 Like

Sorry I missed that. :sweat_smile: But you can just imagine how I gasped when chimmy brought this up. :open_mouth: I thought it was a new thing, but apparently it’s literally old news. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Please observe a moment of silence for the Metaverse.

The Metaverse, Zuckerberg’s Tech Obession, Is Officially Dead. ChatGPT Killed It. (businessinsider.com)

2 Likes

The irony is that we have no idea what could be next. The idea may get revamped, or the idea can get transferred to something else. We don’t know yet.

Besides, Zuckerberg still has a huge company. I’m sure he’s got plenty ideas up his sleeve.

2 Likes

Ouch, that’s painful! What will Zuck do now?

1 Like

A lot of things are probably coming out of it. They might have made new discoveries and innovations that wouldn’t have happened without this ambitious project. The engineers who built it might already be creating new projects or starting their own companies.

1 Like

He swung for the fences, but struck out. Nobody bats a thousand. He’s already had a lot of homeruns, and he’ll probably make a few more. Facebook is still making billions from their ad revenue. They also own WhatsApp, Instagram, Oculus, and will probably acquire other companies in the future.

1 Like

I bet this is one of the reasons why they also had to lay-off a lot of their employees. :frowning: They made such big investments in the Metaverse, only for the hype to die down. :open_mouth: Still, there’s a possibility that this could be revived. :open_mouth: Maybe?

1 Like

Definitely. :open_mouth: I remember thinking that this Metaverse would really be the future and we’d have to experience the world through it. But we can never really tell. :confused:

I wouldn’t bet on it being revived. I would short that all the way.

It won’t probably be revived in the near future, but we’ll see. :pray:

1 Like