Are most traders introverts?

Sorry musicguy1967 and community members, I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I was just putting my 2 bobs worth to the friendly discussion. Again I apologise if I inadvertently offended.

Yours in Trading.

All good. I have a sarcastic sense of humor. No offense taken on my part, none intended by me.

I don’t think we have enough data to make sweeping generalizations. I’ve known traders who are very introverted - I myself am definitely an introvert - but I’ve also known traders who are total social butterflies. Trading is universal. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t know the answer.
As an introvert and a novice trader the question I had when I first entered trading was ‘What kind of introverts are successful traders?’
If you go by MBTI type it’s mostly INTJs.
That’s not to say other types can’t be successful.
I don’t believe much in online statistics when it comes to personality, but google it and you’ll find a poll if you want to know the percentages to get a rough idea.

I didn’t even know there was more than one kind. I have to read up more on this. :smiley:

Oh really! Are they full-time traders? :open_mouth:

No, all the traders I am in regular contact with in real life are part time traders. I’ve known fulltime traders but it was a passing acquaintance, I haven’t spoken to them in years.

Ah and I’m guessing the full time ones are the social butterflies?

1 Like

No, :smiley:
Both were part-time traders who had other businesses as well. So they ran those businesses, traded and socialized about their business, trading and personal lives. I don’t know how they did it.

Guessing no kids? :open_mouth:

They had three actually, but all were grown up and independent.

Ah that does help a lot then.

1 Like

I have no doubt about that. I still thought it was an impressive feat though, to run a business and trade at the same time. Sadly, the business connected to the tourism industry, so right now it’s in deep trouble, for obvious reasons. :frowning:

Oof. Well at least he still has trading and I’m sure if he’s even slightly good at it, he’s made a good chunk of $$ this past year!

For them, yeah.Not enough to pay the employees though. 2020 was horrible. :frowning:

When it comes to trading, I am introvert. I do not like telling people that I am engaged with Forex trading. However, in general I am not that introvert though.

Oh man. That’s true. Always so hard for employees. :frowning:

1 Like

I just hope vaccines help us come out of the crisis. If they don’t, I don’t know what will.

Social butterflies???.. is he/she really that ‘worldwide ‘?? :thinking:

Hahaha, I didn’t mean it like that. But from what I’ve seen, they’re either constantly in meetings or constantly on the phone.