Are most traders introverts?

Sounds like a workaholic, no? Unless those are all friends calling lol. Then yes, he is Mr. Popular!

Theyā€™re certainly a workaholic, I can confirm that. :smiley:

Most are men who are more likely to learn new skills on platforms like YouTube

Are they introverts though?
I think whatever the gender of the trader, they have to feel comfortable being on their own for long stretches of time, even if theyā€™re extroverts the rest of the time.

2 Likes

I think it takes all types and personality is relevant to trading style

it certainly is relevant. If one is scatter-brained and easily distracted, theyā€™d definitely have a harder time trading.

1 Like

I think anyone whoā€™s scatter-brained will likely find it hard to doā€¦ anything lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. Learning how to focus is possible, but always an effort, so the learning curve for traders with that issue is always steeper and harder.

1 Like

For sure, but maybe those types are better suited to scalping

2 Likes

That makes sense, scalping would require a lot less long-term focusing on the chart.

2 Likes

Absolutely personality has a large impact on how are you should trade an understanding yourself will make you a better trader

Personality has a large impact on everything we do, trading is no different in that regard, I think.

Hahahaha

I can relate to this. Sometimes, I come across groups of people and I have no idea how to interact with them. I can be very social, and I enjoy it, but with certain people.

I suppose this is natural for everyone. I worked a job recently and everyone there was super social with each other. They were laughing and yelling, and having a good time.

I had no idea how to bridge that gap.

Yet, Iā€™m comfortable being alone. I guess thatā€™s why trading is a fit. Probably also because Iā€™m a terrible employee. Haha

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m certainly a people person and enjoy being in a crowd or social interaction. I would I guess consider myself a day trader, I donā€™t hold trades usually no longer than 36 hours with some being as short as 8 hours.

I enjoy trading and working on my craft at night. But when I just donā€™t feel like trading I donā€™t. Whatever the reason may be.

2 Likes

Yeah usually in a group setting there should be someone sensitive enough to include everyone! I hope you found someone in that work group. Otherwise that sucks. It sucks being an outsider especially being treated as one. :confused:

2 Likes

No no I was fine. I didnā€™t want to interact. I prefered not talking.

There was no sadness. I often prefer it that way. I like observing and thinking to myself.

But thanks for the concern!

Oh okay!!! Thatā€™s good!!! Sometimes I also need to remember not everyone wants to keep talking lol

1 Like

I donā€™t know about others, I can only say so about myself - Iā€™m a trader and I am quite introverted by nature. So I guess I fit the stereotype?

i think thereā€™s a difference between ā€œtradersā€ and "successful traders, here?

many ā€œsuccessful tradersā€ are naturally oriented toward math, statistics and probability, and like those subjects

and people with ā€œthe math genesā€ correlate well with ā€œintroverted peopleā€, overall, so that might be part of the reason?

4 Likes

Ouch lol. No need to discriminate hahaha.

Makes sense. Does this mean you are also introverted?

2 Likes