Are Robots Slowly Replacing Human Workers

He wants the world to know what to expect when these AI robots are created as he knows the company he is backing is up to no good and he is all in with it.

What’s to stop some programmer at this company from programming these robots to do some evil stuff, and by the time the government figures it out, they have already killed a few thousands people?

1 Like

Will Machines Ever Become Conscious?

AI may equal human intelligence without matching the true nature of our experiences

A future where the thinking capabilities of computers approach our own is quickly coming into view. We feel ever more powerful machine-learning (ML) algorithms breathing down our necks. Rapid progress in coming decades will bring about machines with human-level intelligence capable of speech and reasoning, with a myriad of contributions to economics, politics and, inevitably, warcraft. The birth of true artificial intelligence will profoundly affect humankind’s future, including whether it has one.

Exactly! Not just the robots, the software! If some wild dude creates a program to delete all digital money, then what? What if a program learns to turn sneak around firewalls?

Those guys need to pull the plug on this. But they won’t because they know some other country won’t stop. It’s like a race to drive off a cliff.

1 Like

China Is 3D PRINTING a Massive 590-Foot-Tall Dam, and Constructing It With WITHOUT HUMANS

China is poised to build a hydropower dam in two years using artificial intelligence, construction robots, and zero human labor, scientists involved in the project said.

The Yangqu dam on the Tibetan plateau is set to be assembled layer by layer, like with 3D printing, The South China Morning Post first reported on Sunday, citing a paper published in April in the peer-reviewed Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology).

If and when it is completed, the ambitious project will likely be the world’s tallest structure built using 3D printing processes. The current record is held by a two-story office building in Dubai, which stands 20 feet high.

1 Like

I think this is a mistranslation from Chinese. I think the original title is ¨look how we don’t care about human jobs or what it could do to our economy¨.

1 Like

Good documentary

In the Age of AI (full documentary)

A documentary exploring how artificial intelligence is changing life as we know it — from jobs to privacy to a growing rivalry between the U.S. and China.

FRONTLINE investigates the promise and perils of AI and automation, tracing a new industrial revolution that will reshape and disrupt our world, and allow the emergence of a surveillance society.

1 Like

I used to think that a refrigerator with wifi was cool. Now, not so much.

2 Likes

It has started,

Robot police dog returns to NYPD despite earlier criticism

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials unveiled three new high-tech policing devices Tuesday, including a robotic dog that critics called creepy when it first joined the police pack 2 1/2 years ago.

The new devices, which also include a GPS tracker for stolen cars and a cone-shaped security robot, will be rolled out in a manner that is "transparent, consistent and always done in close collaboration with the people we serve,” said police Commissioner Keechant Sewell, who joined Mayor Eric Adams and other officials at a Times Square press conference where the security robot and the mechanical canine nicknamed Digidog were displayed.

“Digidog is out of the pound,” said Adams, a Democrat and former police officer. “Digidog is now part of the toolkit that we are using.”

The city’s first robot police dog was leased in 2020 by Adams’ predecessor, former Mayor Bill de Blasio, but the city’s contract for the device was cut short after critics derided it as creepy and dystopian.

,Robot police dog returns to NYPD despite earlier criticism

NYPD ‘Digidog’ Has Some People Doing A Double-Take

1 Like

Part of me wants to say it’s a form of hyper surveillance, but if that thing found my stolen car, I’d probably shut up, wouldn’t I?

What if it caught video of when a criminal mugs someone? We’d be pretty happy about it then.

1 Like

There’s an expectation that people will think the same way as you, which could lead to them programing these machines to do a variety of things

1 Like

Wasn’t that long ago people were asking the same question about computers. Yep, computers are here doing a lot of jobs we used to, but we’re still here working! I don’t think we’ll ever live in a world where there isn’t jobs for humans.

I think we should worry more about humans over populating the earth (which, in my opinion, already have) rather than the scary robots.

Having never heard that computers would take jobs, computers can’t move as humans do, but robots can. Humans will always have jobs, maybe not as many when robots do the same jobs.

1 Like

Just like the dam that China is building! China is trying to advance by undermining its own workforce. How dumb is that?! What angle am I missing there??

I don’t see how that’s a real benefit for the country. Hey look everyone! We built the first no-human dam and took those jobs away from working families! Yeah!!!

Perhaps let the police officers vote for it. They understand the shortcomings of their job better than any of us.

1 Like

There’s no logic in building a dam with robots when China has 2 billion people, I’m pretty sure they have the workforce to do it, the only ones benefit are the people who own the robot company.

1 Like

here we go

The NYPD Can Now Shoot GPS Trackers at Your Car

Yesterday, the New York Police Department debuted its latest set of high-tech policing equipment. We New York denizens will soon come face to face with robot dogs, daleks, and something new: A pneumatic gun that can fire a sticky GPS tracker at a moving vehicle.

The launcher is called the Guardian-HX, made by a company called StarChase. It’s meant to create an alternative to the standard police pursuit, allowing cops to remotely track a fleeing vehicle without sending a squad of interceptors to tail it. But, in the hands of a department known for its surveillance abuses, the presence of any new tracking tech is worrying.

1 Like

Sure, but is it worth it?

Is the benefit outweighed by the small percentage of abuse?

Yes.

It would be better if they passed a law that bans these robots from going beyond their intended purpose

1 Like

Put restrictions on them. I think that’s a good idea. The guidelines for their use should be public.

However, the world is only heading toward more surveillance, not less. The only way to escape it is to leave your technology behind. Our governments can observe EVERYTHING we do. There is no true privacy. Don’t think that just because you take the battery out of your phone no one is listening.

1 Like

“Are Robots slowly replacing human workers?”

They SHOULD! , Everything humans have been doing since their arrival has been to make everything easier and efficient.

Humans will continue until the Earth become almost inhabitable, AI and other future self learning intelligences will “manage” Earth and Humans will leave to another planet (Just like they did before :wink:)

1 Like