Are there any FX broker that's not a bucket shop?

hey guys,

which forex broker is guaranteed 100% to make actual trades not just a market maker?
I’m thinking of signing up on FXCM seems reputable enough?

yes MarcusFenix FXCM is ok

I’m not sure you fully understand what you just asked.

The vast majority of brokers, and i’m also talking of the legit ones, are market makers. Just because they are a market maker it does not mean they are a bucket shop. FXCM are a market maker, the trades you place at FXCM will not be placed on the actual currency market, no broker does this. They take all the buy orders and all the sell orders and place them on their own books, they then see if their is a net difference, this is their risk, and it’s usually this amount that is placed on the market as an aggregated order of all there tens of thousands of clients.

The only way you, as an individual can guarantee that your single trade will be placed in the currency market is to open a True ECN account. These usually require a minimum account opening deposit of around $10,000. Also, as a word of warning, don’t get confused with brokers saying that they are offering an ECN account which can be opened for less than $1,000…these ARE MARKET MAKER accounts, but with ECN ‘style’ execution.

Their is a difference between True ECN accounts, and that of an ECN style account. Of course your broker will argue till the end of time that they are not a market maker, it’s up to you to do the research.

Also market maker brokers just use this approach as an efficient way to deal with client orders, there is nothing wrong with it. Your still getting the same price that you would should you be using an ECN account. As long as the price feeds are the same then you have very little to worry about.

Nice exp and got to second all of the above. Yes we can get ECN accounts for less than $100 but for true ecn accounts, you would have to pony up anything from 5 grand and more. And being a market maker is not a bad thing.

People still throwing around the word “bucketshop” rather than worrying about great traders. I find it amazing that to this day people still focus on what is a “bucketshop”. You won’t find many “bucketshops” these days among regulated brokers even market makers because there are so much liquidity available. So they become risk managers rather than holding trades against you. Learn to be a trader rather than run around reading crap posted by failed traders running to NFA and CFTC to complain. They are the problems in this business really. Constantly *****ing to the enemies; NFA and CFTC. They are not our friend.

Hi MarcusFenix,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

In regards to your question, FXCM actually our offers clients the choice between two different forex execution models. I wrote about this in more detail in this post I made earlier today.

If you have any follow up questions about FXCM, feel free to reach out to me in the Broker Aid Station.

Jason

hey Jason so I just read your post basically that’s my big concern I’m looking for some PAMM manager for my account and I get some name I’m just worried if he is affliated with FXCM if they are making profits from client’s losses then they have a vested interest to see people loose $$.

Marcus, you sound a bit silly. Nothing wrong with FXCM. Dealing desks are common, and FXCM gives you the choice. If you don’t like dealing desks, accept the markup (which is a normal practice) and stop drawing incorrect conclusions.

I guess you want the lower spreads AND no dealing desk. Well, good luck finding that. I think pepperstone offer something like that, but they charge a commission. But you will only read that when you go through their account details. You pay anyway, just like everything in life. They don’t do it for free you know.

Just make sure the broker is a Straight-Through-Processor (STP).

They do not trade against your positions. These brokers are simply a ‘middle-man’ passing your trade positions to the liquidity providers ie the banks.

Personally, I am using FXPRIMUS as my trusted broker. So far I have not experienced any problems in my trade executions.

Hi MarcusFenix,

If the account manager you are considering is trading through FXCM, then we require him to provide you with information about how he is compensated. No account manager set up with FXCM makes profits from client losses. Below are the most common methods for an account manager trading your FXCM account to be compensated.

[ol]
[li]Performance fee - This is a percentage of the profits.
[/li][li]Management fee - This is a percentage of the funds under management.
[/li][li]Commission - This is a fee based on the number of trades. (Note that a commission is more common with an automated signal provider, such as on the Mirror Trader or ZuluTrade platforms, rather than with a traditional account manager.)
[/li][/ol]

Jason

Well i’d say better to pay commission rather than % on profit, right?
but then these are really two different types of financial instruments, cant really compare and say which one is better - of course some are better and others are not - deppends of what exactly one is actually looking for and lets say what one can actually handle to loose or to not have!

as for zulutrade - there is option to not pay commission - the broker aaafx does not have one, and for the rest acutally vary!