Are They Legit Trading Mentors?

Hi.

It’s a pleasure to join babypips forum.

I have a question that why most of the trading mentors do not have an excellent professional online presence like having a Linkedin profile? Why they are hiding most of the times either behind a website or a forum? Isn’t trading and mentoring a profession in finance industry?

Many of the mentors ages range between 21-29, and they even do not have social network profiles with their pictures. They just show their great cars on YouTube. It feels like someone is hunting them. It is possible that my perception might be wrong, but this is what I have observed in the last few months.

Thank you.

@ajbozdar

I think there is a lot of truth in that. I find it hard to believe anyone could be a mentor in any industry at age 21.

2 Likes

There are a few decent mentors but there are hundreds of thousands of bad ones.

2 Likes

Where to find those decent mentors? Linkedin is first place to find someone professional and legit. They are even not there. I’ll need to better filter the search results.

So true! When I was reading Trading In The Zone or looking Bill William’s profile. I was amazed that they didn’t start mentoring, until they had done enough trading themselves. I only find gone souls legitimate.

I think anyone who is under 30 and some how got a nice shot doesn’t mean to become a captain. Let them play the game more and see if they could secure what they gained.

I would like to know more about mentorship and the courses. I do not find anything better than babypips, otherwise.

1 Like

Mentorship and completing courses are a good idea once you understand and are focused on trading a certain way. Do you know what kind of trader you are?? Are you a position trader, a swing trader, a scalper, a mechanical trader or a discretionary trader. If you cannot answer this question you are not ready to take on a mentor. There are a number of very good mentors and very good courses run by very experienced and more mature traders who have had 20 30 plus years of trading. But you are wasting good money and precious time if you cannot define exactly what type of trader you want to be.

I know of several good mentors and they produce great course material. So let me know what you are looking for and i may be able to help you.

Cheers

Blackduck

Although I align myself with swing traders, I’d prefer position trading in long term with the combination of mechanical trading standards to achieve consistent results.

I am changing career and committed to become a full time trader. For now, I am relying on books and videos of gone souls available on YouTube.

@ajbozdar

Bill Williams - legend

Indeed!

A financial scientist, I’d say.

a trading Mentor is very important for a trader but the main problem is , most of the Mentor right now are found to be scams. according to me, there are lots of importance of a trading Mentor.

In that case one of the best that I know of for long term position trading is Wyckoff. There is a very good course call Wyckoff Analytics you may like to check out. The course is not cheap but it is not as expensive as some.

There is also SNB Capital Training but they are mainly stocks not FX. However they are expensive but very good.

Have a look at those.

Cheers

Blackduck

Chances are not , very easy to rent a car and say they are the greatest. I have yet to see a mentor on the land of make believe that can trade in real time

Thank you very much. I am looking into their contents.

So true of you.

Trading in real time has higher probabilities of failure, I believe, when the purpose is to sell an expensive course or training in the end. Again psychological consequences!

It’d be better for such mentors to compete in trading competitions to show of their skills or keep their personal trading outcomes open. Again, each moment is unique and it is possible that their same strategy doesn’t work next time.

What would you say?

All traders trade different because we all look at the charts in a different way, ie you think buy I think sell. Nothing wrong with selling a skill and helping others as there is no such thing as a free lunch but if paying for lunch make sure there is meat on the bone

1 Like

Never truer words were said. Did you have a mentor and or did you do any courses to become successful?? If so would you care to share??

Cheers

Blackduck

I spent a fortune on courses and seminars over the years looking for a the holy grail and found there is no magic pill as the course here is as good if not better than some paid.

I am mainly self taught by just looking at the markets the way a business is run which is why I dont follow the normal rules normally spouted out. A loss is a paid lesson and overhead , a position is a product to sell and the win a profit be it big or small as long as profit. The argument about risk reward and winning 4 times out of 10 to me is gambling as just trying to win the jackpot instead of looking at what is going on.

My main training came from having an ex bank manager I employed to work for me when we were importing goods many moons ago, when this journey started and later on a mentor / trading buddy of sorts who I still speak with today and bounce ideas off as he does to me now he is retired and trades for the love of the game.

The key to success is discipline and patience really

2 Likes

This was a good stroke of fortune. It is gold when you have someone so experienced to be at your side to help you understand the rights and wrongs of trading.

Could not agree more with your statement that a lot in trading has to be learn’t from experience and that that loss on a trade is a lesson learn’t.

I too have spent a lot on courses and I have to say it was in the early stages of my trading career when you don’t know exactly what you are looking for. However I am amazed that even the worse course I have completed I still managed to take away something that I was able to use later. Once I had found a sense of direction in what kind of trader I wanted to be I was able to find a mentor and a course that taught me what I needed to know.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Blackduck

All trying to get to the same destination just use different roads. In summary a mentor / trading buddy for me is better than a course after being trading a while

Very true.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like