Are you happy forex trader?

Trading forex should be emotionless. Allowing our emotions to overtake our decision making process during trading can be the biggest enemy of any forex trader; if you want to be happy with your trading success you have to be able to trade without emotions no matter how good or bad your performance is.

Good stuff Rambo! I totally agree, but unfortunately it isn’t something that you can just will into in my opinion–at least from what I’ve seen. Near emotionless trading comes from a lot of backtesting and/or a lot of experience with live trades. Definitely doesn’t come from demo trading. With a lot of practice, I think almost anyone can get to the trader mindset that you are talking about.

As long as I feel I’m progressing no matter how slow it has been at times, I’m happy.

I don’t know if I’m right in saying this, but being happy in your trading is a state of mind that you have become comfortable with which is probably a good thing, it’s the euphoria and the dysphoria with each trade that are the killers, getting excited after a good trade as well as a having a downer after a bad trade leads to overtrading and the inevitable losses.

Yes I am a happy trader too. I am not a perfect trader . I am making good amount of profit , contented on it I avoid greed . My slow profit taking policy make me a good trader. I wait with patience for suitable trading time . Forex gives me money as par my skills. I many times loose but no tension I can now recover my loss as well as grow my account.

I am new to this just lost 50% of my funds. That has just thought me a lesson to be patient. I hope to take better decisions in future.

How much money did you start with/lose?

Well this is the reality of the Forex markets because when i was a newbie trader i would go on loosing my 100% of the investment over and over again until i learned trading well :smiley:

As Buddha said, the key to happiness is for manage your expectation on life.
in our view on trading, it means, play small, really small risk. then we are a happy trader.

cheers!

In other words, trading has to become boring to you (in a good way).

Yes I am happy with my trade up until this point. In starting it was not like this. I started forex trading 5 years back. At first it was dreadful. Truly I started trading without know anything. Then I started to study and practice a lot. I learnt one thing. Knowledge is power when we can applied it properly.

I think there is a difference between being happy and being giddy. The former does not cloud one’s judgement, the latter does.

No I’m not happy on my live performance! I seem, I need to
improve more! By the way, you are right we should focus on the trading process
not on the trading result.

Yes, forex is a competitive and risky business area and excessive emotions regarding the profit or loss can hamper a trader’s performance. No matter in which side you are in, either positive direction with market or not, you have to hold your emotions with confidence. Since, only a confident trading approach can help a trader to gain success in the long run.