Are you passionate about trading?

Helloooo. :blush: This is something I’ve been thinking about ever since a friend asked me what I’m passionate about and what I want to do for the rest of my life. :sweat_smile: I just got curious. Are you passionate about trading? Do you think you need to be passionate about it to be a successful trade? :thinking:

2 Likes

I like the challenge the market throws at me, but I’m a long way from being passionate about it. I would accept that successful pro traders are more passionate, as are beginners who mostly blow their accounts and don’t stay the distance needed to become consistently profitable.

I would suggest only the top 5% are making it a lifetime career. tradertom.com is one of those.

3 Likes

Am I passionate about it? That makes me wonder about the question ¨If there was no money involved would you still do it?¨

Well, why would you, right?

If you would do it for free, then you really love it and have a passion for it, right?

If there was no money, it would just be a game like sudoku. Would any of us play this game if there was no money involved? Would we have the same interest?

There are many ways to make money. Trading is just one way that each of us like enough to study and practice. After a while, anything can become dull on some days. But when you continue to do it anyway, that’s discipline.

3 Likes

I prefer investing.

2 Likes

is trading is your passion then of course you will be successful from this trading place.

That makes sense. :sweat_smile: The beginners full of hope and excitement are typically filled with passion for trading also. Until they end up blowing their accounts. :confused:

That’s definitely a good question! :blush: But it also got me thinking. My primary reason for trading is not really the money. :open_mouth: I earn more in my other side hustles than here and yet I try to spend as much of my free time as possible here or trading. :thinking: Does this mean I’m passionate about it? :sweat_smile:

That makes sense. :thinking:

Does this mean you’re passionate about investing? :smiley:

Hmmm. :thinking: I feel like this isn’t usually the case cause like I said, a lot of newbies start with burning passion, only to end up losing money and leaving forex altogether. :confused:

Then, why do you trade?

1 Like

Many traders lack trading passion that keeps them apart from practicing more and more. So, drive your passion towards learning Forex.

1 Like

I won’t say I am passionate enough for Forex trading but I try. Conquering Forex trading isn’t so easy. Both passion and dedication are needed for Forex trading.

2 Likes

Nurture passion for trading. Your passion will instigate you to learn more and more, ultimately leading you to the doorstep of success.

2 Likes

Traders without passion cannot make progress in trading. So, drive your passion towards trading and hopefully you can make a better result.

2 Likes

Good question. :blush: And I find myself asking it a lot of times also. :sweat_smile: I guess I enjoy it? I like the challenge it gives and I feel like I’m also learning a lot of stuff along the way. Money used to be my sole driver for trading, but eventually, when I got more financially stable, I just found myself doing it in my spare time. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Now that I’m reading my answer to your question @dushimes, I realized there’s a chance I might actually be passionate about it. :open_mouth: Maybe not as intense as my passion for writing, but it’s something that gives me joy. :blush:

1 Like

So you think passion is really an essential requirement if you want to be a successful forex trader? :blush:

1 Like

Definitely agree. :blush: Passion without dedication to learn and really get to know the craft reminds me of a lot of newbies who end up quitting after a few weeks of learning. :confused:

1 Like

Very profound! :blush: Hahaha. Love that! :smiley:

Would you say you’re a passionate forex trader? :thinking: