Ask Me Anything

When you undurstand babypips what the say and after u train enough demo acc you understand then u can start e

I’d say rule of thumb is 2 years to start being able to make consistent profits YoY, 5 to be great.

@Tom_Stewart How was crypto trading and emergence of defi changed anything from your vantage point? Business as usual?

Also, any exposure to high frequency trading? What are your thoughts?

Will This Forum Really Give Me Trading Knowledge, & Point Me The Right
Path To Trade Correctly??

Hi,

I’m new to all this and recently was messaged by a son an who said she traded in forex.

She stated that if I paid her £100 she could make me £1800+ In 2hours.

Is that even possible??

IMO business as usual.

I haven’t directly met anyone participating in HFT but I’ve heard stories. Every system doing this that I’ve heard of is arbitrage trading of some kind, whether it’s latency, cross market or swap arbing between brokers.

1 Like

Possible yes. Likely? Not at all. Someone is trying to scam you.

It is what you make of it mate.

Ooh this sounds like a fun job. What sort of data do you look at and do you have some insights you can share with us?

Ah yes it is! So TradeProofer offers retail traders a free MT4 EA that monitors slippage against the traders broker and the general forex market (compiled from community sourced data). Traders can use the EA to get money back on slipped trades, or help select a better broker. This is a great tool especially for automated traders & scalpers.

We’ve actually been developing a new portal that will be going live this weekend with a load of new tools, so this has been taking most of my time lately.

We also have spread and swap data, which we use to help monitor competitive pricing in the industry. If you’re interested check out the site by Googling TradeProofer.

Hey, thanks for replying!
I too prefer a blend of fundamentals and technicals while trading.
How long have you been trading in the forex market buddy?

I’ve been trading FX going on 4 years now - that said over the last 6 months I have been trading a lot less frequently, and mostly with equities, commodities & crypto markets

How long have you been trading FX Ray?

What data granularity did you end up using for the Fusion Markets vs IC Markets Review? Is it because of time constraints you considered OCT20 data only, as opposed to calendar year 2020 or a Financial Year?

Also what made you settle on EUR/USD for March in this article. Based on it’s BIS volume or did you determine independently that this was the most traded (hence most relevant pair) to your client base?

regards, Dims

Hey, thanks for checking out the site Dims!

The data granularity on the review is showing the average spread for that whole month. TradeProofer aggregated this data, so that’s showing the average of all 1h averages from that entire month. This allows TradeProofer to compress our data, as keeping raw tick data requires extensive amounts of storage, which can be quite expensive, so this is a cost effective solution.

We selected one month as the results were quite similar as the year-to-date data. Confining the data to that calendar month allowed the pages load times to be far better, as in the back end that data is crunched each time someone loads the page.

With EURUSD we wrote that article because of traded volume. A lot of EA traders focus on EURUSD because of the liquidity and spreads, and TradeProofer’s software is most beneficial to Expert Advisor traders. If you’d like to see data regarding other major fx symbols checkout [this article.] It’s a bit old, but the data is still relevant. (Lowest Spread Forex Brokers 2021 || TradeProofer Tips)

Cheers for asking!

1 Like

hello! quick question in your opinion what’s the most important thing you realized once you became profitable , what really helped you?

Just having the patience and indifference towards your trades. Once you stop being emotional about trading everything changes. Approach it as systemic data collection rather than you being wrong or right. Have a look at this article.

Well anon46626828 is right you know. It is actually the most relevant thing.
And you seem like the guy that is all in for sharing but you just dont seem to want to share what is actually relevant.
In this game if you are sucessfull that qualifies you to teach others, if you are not sucessfull then you are just wasting everyones time.
So it is the most important thing you know,

Share with us a account statement, i think everyone here would like to see the results from a professional trader. Maybe we could learn something from this, or at least it would be interesting to see.

No I’m not going to share an account statement with you. There are many people that do that, go listen to what they have to say if you’re not interested.

Hi dear am Ahmed by name
I am new to forex, Please sir what do I really need to know as a newbie