AUD Looking Poised for Another Climb

AUD/USD and AUD/JPY both look poised for additional gains, based on my study of these charts. I’m looking at the 15 minute on both.

I’m already long on both, as both carry trades and with profit targets of 1.06/07 on AUD/USD and 82.00/83.00 on AUD/JPY. Thursday and Friday should be interesting to see how they play out.

agreed, at which, I’m ready, in theory, to pull the plug on my deals and take my profits.

Perhaps it was stupid to stay in my trades last night, and move one of my stops downwards, but today, after the fed announcement, I’m happy that I stayed in:

AUD/USD and AUD/JPY Trade Update - Bulls Win with Announcement of “QE Infinity”

With the announcement of the United States Federal Reserve announcing QE3 with a pledge to continue asset purchases until the US economy improves, the USD has lost quite a bit of value in the course of a single trading day. My estimate, looking at my quote sheet is about 1 - 1.5 cents against everything so far.

I have a couple of trades on AUD/USD and AUD/JPY, long on both, prior to the FOMC meeting and press conferences, doing fairly well on average. After the announcement, it was quite a fight but both pairs have put in some impressive highs for the week, and the corrections (thus far) seem to be muted.

I am currently waiting on both of these positions to see if they have the potential to reach my first targets of 1.06 on AUD/USD and 82.00 on AUD/JPY, though I may have to wait to see what the Asian Session brings.

I will often update my blog which you can access from my profile page prior to my updates on this forum. Happy trading everyone.

I’ve been following AUDUSD since it’s upward rise on 6 Sep and when broke a crucial resistance level (trend line) on 12 Sep.

This has been panning into a nicely trending buy trade (just like the previous sell trade between 29 Aug and 5 Sep) but I’m wary of keeping positions open over the weekend.

Closed both of mine on Friday morning, AUD/USD was near optimal close, but AUD/JPY was far from perfect, but combined, they netted me a handsome profit. I’m not sure where either of them are going yet, but I may take an hour or so this evening, to look for potential entries (long or short).

yea i think it will be up