AUDUSD Bull swing

ah ok lol I see

Nice Profit shorting the AUD… wouldn’t want to be long just yet…

Wow, $0.63’s look a real possibility now… pretty much everyone in this thread was looking for a long opportunity 200+ pips ago, hence the silence.

The AUS200 should level out around 6350 mark hopefully, otherwise it’s really bad news for Australia.

Its the start of the trading week and back looking at AUDUSD , havent visited this pair for a while and with good reason, last time i was looking at this pair i was hoping it would hold at the old support level of 0.668 to form the right inverse shoulder for a move up. BUT the corona virus has certainly killed that idea, with it affecting the AUD currency in a big way we have seen a big drop below.
i drew this charts up the other day and price came down and hit the bottom of the channel perfectly last friday, today we are seeing a possible turn upwards. Theres a small resistance level above at 0.6585 to be careful of. i think a break and re test above that level could be a nice cheap buy in if you havent already bought cheap below. Only n eed to use small positions down here at these cheap prices for a big amount of pips for a swing upwards. Stay safe out there everyone

I agree with your Chart that…$0.6530 is a rally staging point or Middle market as of 2/3/2020.

InterBank just taking the AUDUSD for a ride so they can profit by shorting the AUD when the RBA releases Interest rate cut information tomorrow (Tuesday 2nd) afternoon…

Rate should be cut by 0.25% to 0.5%… a record low. This will take the AUD back to the high $0.64’s.

I doubt it will happen but there is speculation that the RBA may even cut the rate by 0.5% leaving the Base rate at an unbelievable 0.25%, just above 0% which will send the AUD even lower…

The Government has been slow getting its Cash Limit legislation bill passed into law, Australian’s are tipping savings into Assets right about now.

The first salvo of AUD economic news… Going long, anybody, anybody… “Tell him he’s dreaming…”

And off comes another 0.25%… AUD is starting to look rather anemic…

Since we last looked at AUDUSD we have had some nice bullish price action, so though we would check in on the 4H. USD has been very weak and AUD had a nice little boost. Ive always said its good to buy in at cheap prices and just wait for the turn. Use small parcel positions as they will build up when price turns and you stack into action. You can see my robotic smiley face similar to the H+S but the shoulders are flat. Thats because the level of 0.6585 has been VERY strong, you can see multiple levels of it holding right along that demand line. Look to buy on any pullbacks in price is my opinion. moving averages have crossed to a bull now too so we should see some upwards momentum. enjoy rest of your weekend GLIYF

And Bingo, market spiked the AUDUSD down to $0.631 today with an instant recovery…

1 Like

I’m kicking myself because I closed my AUD/USD short at 0.66500 literally 10 minutes before the markets decided to go on collapse mode. I end up making it via a short on the USD/JPY but still I could’ve profited so much more. You live and you learn as they would say.

1 Like

You win or you learn :slight_smile:

Fully recovered now and heading strongly in the other direction…

This pair is trying to sink more and more. Expecting more than 11-12 years low soon.

@Treeny, are we trading the same markets?

AUDUSD in a holding pattern (COG) prior to the London Open Wednesday… At a glance it looks as if Price Action wants to go south… The Moving Averages indicate otherwise…

I’d suggest LP’s are planning to run it up the the Flagpole and make a few dollars in this session…

And… up the Flagpole ~45 pips…

And down the Flagpole ~45 pips… back past the level of the London Open…

Take note of the previous structure… larger volumes… but almost identical… Manipulation 101…

Checking in on AUDUSD , well i got the first part correct, the yellow circle was hit as expected, but then we got the big flash crash which sent the markets into meltdown. Price has tanked through the strong support of 0.6585 we have travelled all the way back down the the bottom of the channel. Will we see a bounce from here and make a double bottom and W formation? time will tell lets see. the level of 0.6585 is the most important to break back above. If you buy round here for the swing use small positions. Ill be looking to buy back above the level above. GLIYF

The AUDUSD is still on it’s way to the $0.63’s… No amount of TA will help predict the end result…

The AUD is about fundamentals, has been for a few weeks… Hoping for a retracement won’t help…

Always about fundamentals??

The AUDUSD closes out the week in the $0.61’s (anyone still looking to go long??) which indicates just how weak our economy has become…

The RBA was scheduled to pump 3.5 Billion into the economy to thwart the massive slide on the ASX200 (AUS200 / Australia200). Instead it need to add 8.8 Billion in Repo just to get the markets to change tac…

Australia’s economy is small (14th by GDP) and 8.8 Billion is a huge amount to digest in a single trading day… Was it enough to stem the outgoing tide and revel just who has been swimming naked??

Expect continued downward movement on Monday as the market will be back for more Repo…

Well, its painful to look at AUDUSD . I saw a few people mention that it blasted through the channel but i only checked back up on it today. Wow what a drop through the channel. We have to look back to 2009 on the weekly chart level for a zone of support. The level of 61 cents is a major reversal area. Obviously we have been bearish for along time so a point in the future we will reverse and get a nice bull run, but when will that be. the last time it hit this price area it rose up to 1.1 dollar. Will history repeat itself? sometimes it does but sometimes it doesnt. but one thing for sure is that it is a cheap area to buy longs for AU and hold. Look out for the double bottom or direct reversal, lets see where monday opens

2 Likes

Painful unless you caught the move lol