Australian Police Want a New Law to Covertly Turn All Phones into Listening Devices!

In picturesque Australia, the Queensland police are proposing new laws that would allow them to turn your internet connected products into listening devices to spy on your conversations. Of course, they are claiming they need this legislation to fight terrorism. The extent of terrorism in Australia has been minimal at best and it has not been the target as is the case in Europe or the United States.

1 Like

I"m an I.T. Engineer.

this is stupid because it would have to work in one of the following ways

1. Get the phone manufacturer’s to be in in on it and manufacture HARDWARE LEVEL devices that listen to the frequency and everything on your CELL ANTENNA in your phone (note, Your Phone generally has 2 Antenna’s, WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth)
    then that device would have to transmit that data to a (Police Designated ) Receiver
    DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT IS TO SETUP, Considering the Load that would be incoming

but again, the phone manufacturer’s would have to agree, … THEY WON’T

1. if they were thinking of doing it from the point of view of your internet connection. the Carrier would have to agree.
    Again, i see a big issue here, and they probably won’t

2. if they are thinking of Hijacking the connection to listen in, well.
    HERE’S THE KICK IN THE TEETH TO THE POLICE

YOU COULD EASILY SWITCH OFF YOU CELL ANTENNA IN SETTINGS
if you did that, (Assuming the cops had a lock on your signal) THEY WOULD NEED TO REGAIN THE LOCK ON YOUR SIGNAL

but all the effort they put in, can simply be brought to a halt by disabling your Cell Connection.
now. this also means you can’t call

but by this time, you could also install Network Sniffer Apps that could (once the police traffic is detected) you could block it via it’s identifier

so… YEAH… HEHE
Good luck with that
i can’t see this as being a viable option of the police, it’s too random
if they wanted to do this
they could just WITH A LOT LESS EFFORT get a court order that demands that the carrier monitors everyone and if something relating to terrorism pops it’s head up
they would be ordered to report it

THIS IS A MUCH SIMPLER OPTION

i can’t see this Police effort taking off, From a Networking point of view, it would be a nightmare

So… They’re trying to spy on basically everyone everytime?
There’s already a conspiration theory that says that some apps already do this on your phone (I have basically witnessed a proof of something like this, tho)
They basically listen, then send all info once you eventually connect, even if they do this really slowly, as to not get really noticed

I’m not really a conspiration person, but at least it’s not 100% imposible, I remember once seeing an article demonstrating how on a phone, at least on hardware level, it was posible without actually affecting the phone functioning (And were talking that be this true, it would be even deeper than the kernel of your phone)

But hey, that’s just something that I read online a couple months ago

Won’t be long befre we’re all back to using "Snail mail " :slight_smile:

so all this talk about listening in on people and IT HASN’T OCCURED TO ANYONE… GOOGLE HOME
hehe
now there’s a subject for you

One day a friend came to visit and told me he needed laser eye surgery, “Austin, from Tigard, United States, told the BBC.” An advertisement for Lasik surgery appeared on Facebook. I see perfectly and never looked for such a thing on the internet

it’s true since last week I quit my job and talked to a friend about what I’m going to do now. I told him that since I like coffee, I could end up at Starbucks. Facebook announced to me after the announcement of an event in London in which the company was looking for employees "for the company, said British Lindsey, of Lincoln.

“Strange coincidences”
Facebook, the most widely used social network worldwide, is at the epicenter of much criticism.

But the company denies it.

“Some recent articles have to listen to people’s conversations to show them personalized announcements. That is not true. Facebook does not use the microphone of the phone to offer publicity or manage what appears on the wall,” said the company of Mark Zuckerberg in a release.

this some serious privacy crazy ■■■■…

Jeeeeeez

I thought I was going mad.

I was sitting up in bed, with my laptop poking my ear - next thing ad pops up with some super dooper thing for removing earwax.

I fidget with my pillow - next thing ad for best pillow in the world pops up.

I’ve send personal emails mentioning something and ads pop up with related stuff.
A friend was looking for a flat and I only asked him how he was getting on, next thing estate agents and removal companies magically appear.

Am I going mad ?
Tell me just 'cos I am paranoid - it does’t mean they aren’t after me :confounded:

They want more than just the ability to listen… they want access to all your data…

Victorian government monitoring phone data

Victoria’s Chief Medical Officer Professor Brett Sutton said the government is monitoring people’s compliance with coronavirus restrictions by looking at mobile and other “publicly available data”.

“We know from people’s mobile phones, again, publicly available data, how much time they are spending at home, how often they are asking for pedestrian directions, how often they are asking for driving directions, and we can get that mobility data at a population level, which tells us very much how restrictive we have been in our activity,” Prof Sutton said.

“And it is looking like it is as good as it was in the middle of April when we were at our very best, previously.

“So that is encouraging. If it fatigues, we will see there is too much activity on the roads. “There is too much time where people’s mobile phones are outside of their residence, and there is too much activity that suggests people are moving around.”

Prof Sutton said they’ll look at the data sets each week, compared with the Reff numbers, which refers to the number of people infected with coronavirus from a single case.

Wasn’t aware part of anyone’s phone data was “publicly” available…
Nothing’s off limits to a “wannabe” totalitarian Victorian Government…

This is taking creepy to another level. Isn’t this just way too much surveillance and intrusion into a common man’s life?!