Automated way to be in 20% of profitable traders

Hi,

My name is Bart. I build and use algos on FX markets.

In this journal I will publish:

• transactions that are carried out by my strategies

• weekly capital curve

Please do not clutter the thread.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for not updating my thread but my account was on HOLD. Now it is everything ok, so lets keep going.

First of all I added link to myfxbook. You can see what happened with my account during my HOLD period.
Link is in my Profile

Second, last week capital curve:

Last week I had 92% win rate, which gave me a profit of 705 pips.

Hi, could you post the link here? Can’t find it in your profile.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Properly/fgbp-ea/3286461

Hello Bart.

So very nice to make your acquaintance.

Sure looks great. Well done.

Question: any particular reason for posting your results publicly???

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dale.

Hello Dale,

I wish to share my thoughts about trading. I publish results to show that I am not telling BS and everyone who will stick to some rules can be profitable. Maybe my posts will help someone to get on the “green side”. I see that you are very active member, I am glad you visited my thread.

Best regards,
Bart

2 Likes

Some thougths about trading:

1. The worst thing you can do when choosing a given investment / investment project is to be unprepared.

Risk - the most important issue. We often forget about it at the very beginning and we remind you when it is too late. Remember, the more profits you expect, the more risk you have to take. There is no risk-free investment, no one knows what will happen in the future, and despite the best intentions, a given project may fail. So before investing your funds, answer the question: will you feel comfortable in a situation where you would lose them? If not - it means that the risk is too high, look for investments that are consistent with your character. Remember that in the world of investment only you are responsible for your finances for generated profits and losses, so you have to understand and accept the risk.

Please tell me what you think about RISK? Do you have other view?

2 Likes

Some trading rules:

1. Consciousness is very important in trading. Without proper understanding, we must not open positions on the stock market. The first rule is to understand that there is nothing certain about the stock market. The stock market is a changing environment, where only the past is certain and the future can not be guaranteed. We only have a CHANCE to achieve above-average profits.

Capital curve for the last week. Trading is simple, but it is not easy. Just wait patiently for this one trend. Simple in theory, difficult in practice. Automatic investment strategies are an ideal tool for learning patience and consistency.

Last week I lost 58 pips.

I don’t see what you mean or what you’re learning. According to that graphic you have less money in your account today than you had on the 1st.

And waiting patiently for one trend: not only is it as you say simple in theory but difficult in practice but you are also at risk of wiping an account out before that one trend comes along that’s going to save your bacon and hit a home run.

I still cannot fathom the mindset. An EA installed on MT4 and just left running 24/5 in the corner printing money. It is not going to happen. There is absolutely no other way of putting it. It’s just not going to happen.

Hi Dale,

I am learning that longterm approach to trading is the best way to get profitable. Losing week is nothing extraordinary, it is inscribed in the statistics.

Not true. This is curve only for the last week (20.05-24.05). So I have less money than on Monday week ago.

Again not true. Such moves happen really often. Open your charts and check if there are some intraday moves with the major trend.

Buy a popcorn and watch :wink:

How long have you been trading? :slight_smile:

You are right about the long term approach. This is more profitable on the long run

Apparently not long enough for the EA to implode. And when it does: it’ll get tweaked, will then work for another period of time, until it doesn’t. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

I am trading for 14 years.

It is ONLY your opinion not a FACT :wink: Let numbers speak :wink:
If you are using system which is based on temporary inefficiency then it implode sooner or later. But mine EAs are not basing on inefficiency.

Fine. Let’s see the numbers then and let them speak. And not a snapshot of 29 days.

But hey: if it works for you then great.

I just don’t understand why these big trading houses and firms don’t just toss out their millions and millions and millions of USD worth of software and hardware and the rest and just go out and buy some cheap computers and install MetaTrader and run a few EAs. Man those dudes are dumb.

very deep thought
i like it

1 Like

Another thought:

Never invest borrowed money or money that you have saved for a rainy day. Investments is a world of uncertainty. Potentially high profits involve the risk of loss. By investing borrowed money in the event of failure you lose twice and end up with debts that you can not pay back.

Therefore, for investments spend the funds that really are your surplus, and in the event of investment failure their loss will not cause you problems.

The goal of the investment is not to solve financial problems, but to diversify the portfolio and multiply the assets you already own.

1 Like

Not that these are bad rules to follow in trading, but they are just rules. They are like the road-signs along the road, they help you navigate, they stop you running off at a bend, they keep you away from hazards.

But they are not the vehicle.

The thread is 6 weeks along. When do we hear about your methods?

1 Like

Absolutely right