AvaFX: Scam or not?

Hi so it seems like people are having trouble with AvaFx, i closed my account 2 weeks ago (i was with ava since January of 2011) and i didnt have any troubles with them i filled the form to get my money back and close my acount and 1 week later i had my money, granted my account was very small but i cant say i had any troubles with them.
How did you deposit your money? I think you can only withdrawal your money the same way you deposited so If you deposited by creditcard for example you can only withdrawal the same amount you deposited by credit card any more has to be sent to you to your paypal account i think you can make various withdrawals to get the amount you want without having to get a paypal account. For example lets say you deposit 100$ by creditcard, you get profit and your account is now 500$ so you withdraw 100$, next day another 100$ and so on until you get your 500$(yea i know it sucks).
Any way i cant be much help but perhaps the “arbitrage restrictions” that they are talking about are about the amount of money you are trying to withdrawal from your account maybe 160000€ is a bit too much to withdrawal at once or something you may try taking your money out little by little.
I hope everything works out you.

1 Like

Here’s my experience: Opening an account for a friend for who I would manage his money.
I had many many troubles with their account opening team: sending wrong links, giving me false information etc. In the end, they forced me to open an account for myself and deposit some money before they could attach my friend’s account to yet another account I had to create without any money. So with their tricks, they got me to open a personal account with money on it, which I didn’t want since I already have an account with another broker who doesn’t offer to trade the small sizes my friend’s limited funds would only allow.
The whole process took more than one month and I didn’t get what I was inclined to expect after the preliminary talks.

I’ve been trading on my AVA account for one month now and I’ve noticed they post slippage to some trades (that’s normal) but they don’t give positive slippage! (that’s where I consider they stole money off me).
Also, they don’t allow to modify stops and limits once markets are closed! I like to trade on most asset classes and with direct market access, all markets offer investors to modify their orders at least 15mins before market open. But AVA doesn’t allow that! e.g: I wanted to amend a limit on corn for the past 3 days and I tried to do so many times, including 1min before market open, nothing would do, and corn opened up 20$ with my limit to close a long trade about 18$ down where it opened…so I missed out on 18$ because of their archaic orders’ management.

Conclusion: You better try a different broker! even among the cheap, lower end brokers, IG does a better job than AVA…and IG isn’t that good!
I’m thinking of moving my friend to another low end broker, may be XTB or SaxoBank…I better try them out first I guess.

Anyone’s found a broker comparison table based on ethics instead of just spreads? XTB ethics is clearly non-existent!

[B]With this sort of money, you shouldn’t use the kind of lower end broker AVA is part of![/B]

Brokers fall in two categories:
_those who act as counterparty, like AVA, IG, FXCM etc, and whose customers are mainly small customers discovering financial markets because these brokers offer the possibility to trade tiny sizes.
_the other kind of brokers act as intermediaries to the clearance houses and only offer direct market access. They cost more to trade with in theory, and the minimum trade size is the market minimum size which is already way too big for small accounts, say, less than 10k or 20k. I said “in theory” because in practice, the counterparties’ kind of brokers “steal” a lot of money from their “big” clients through poor trade executions and other admin or order management annoyances.

So if you guys out there own more than 50k on one trading account with a counterparty sort of broker, you should seriously consider moving to a [B]real[/B] broker, such as Interactive Brokers. It may not look so cheap to trade with on paper, but in practice, you will not get into any trouble (apart from market troubles, but even a counterparty broker would reflect these onto you): money deposit/withdrawal would be clear and effective and done the proper way, and your trading experience and comfort would greatly improve.

After reading now through this and also at some other stuff at different sites I would do anything but open an account there, lol.

I read experience and views of other members about AVAFX broker. Some have bad experience while some have good. I come up in good experience traders. AVAFX is not the biggest broker but is listed in top brokers list and due to this I am using it.

I get proper assistance from them when I need and contact them. They are available every time to help me. Not only AVAFX but some other top brokers also have bad reviews about their services ( these are true or fake does not matter ). Despite it, number of traders are happy with their services. I did sufficient research about brokers and their services and then move to AVAFX. While I was searching about top or best brokers, I found all most all brokers have both good and bad review about their services from traders.

I am agree with qwertymyfx

It is better to try yourself. If you are satisfied with their services then continue otherwise move to other brokers. Don’t believe on each and everyone’s experience with a particular broker.

Hi Marco,

I faced a seriuos problem with ava fx. They cancelled 186,929 Euros of my profits!
Read my blog: mycfd.blogspot.it
I took a Legal Action against them.
for infos contact me!

I can advise people to stay away from AVA, this is because they have own dealingdesk, and this dealingdesk main purpose is to wipe your account out. Futhermore, when you want to deposit it is sometimes easy. But when your account is almost blown up, they delay your deposit just long enough so they can drain your account by spiking prices. Also the helpdesk is a real joke. There is practicly no useable support. And if you want to withdraw, prepare yourself, this will costs you alot of money. And can take very long, sometime you never get your money, and then they make up some rule why they dont want to pay. People who write positive reviews about AVA, are just braindead of have their own share in AVA. I can advise after lossing several thousands of euro’s. I tried to get some support from AVA several times, but their english could be more clear and understandable. I have just 1 advise, stay clear of this SCAM broker, because that’s what they are. Save your money on the bank, @least you see something back of it.

I re-funded an old AvaFx account last week buying Apple, I have been watching it on a demo account for some time now. Starting from last Wednesday the markets started to drop, I decided to ride it out, by (Friday 13 April) I felt that I was heading for trouble and funded the account with a further $100. Unlike the first deposit which appeared on the account immediately, they messaged me back that this might take a day or two to clear, I thought well its weekend and Apple doesn’t open until latish Monday so there’s plenty of time, I e-mailed them twice on Friday with no reply, Monday I was on to them early, then came a reply to Fridays e-mail, they wanted to know the account number before they could help me as there were no deposits reflected. By lunchtime I still had no joy and managed to contact them on line help they then found the money but wanted a scanned copy of the credit card & a power of attorney form filled in before they would put the funds in the account. By this time trading was open; it went up a bit then took a dive resulting in a Margin Call, stopped about $15 below what I had. That little joke cost $100, the second $100 is still pending, I see the markets are recovering and my account is still blocked. Now why should the paperwork need updating all of a sudden, it was alright the previous week, why dose a second deposit take more than 5 days to appear in the account, something doesn’t sound right to me. The chance to make some cash back also remains blocked, probably until the opportunity has passed. I did write them a stinking letter last evening telling them exactly what I thought of them, for that they will probably delete my account & claim they have never heard of me. A very dissatisfied AvaFX customer!! $100 poorer
Alfie (PS I’m not superstitious but getting that way fast.)

Read my blog mycfd.blogspot.it
I took a legal actin against Ava Fx and so many other customers in a big class action!

I have been trading with AvaFx since February 2011. I have introduced a number of people who are currently trading with AvaFx. I also have an IB agreement with then.
I never have had any problems, none. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpfull in the Irish office, they solve any problem that may arise within the hour. As far as money withdrawal is concerned none of us had any problem.
So I do not see where is the problem with AvaFx. Besides I will introduce more people to them.

Here is the problem mycfd.blogspot.it/
Read it carefully and beware of Ava Fx!

The real problem is they are NOT REGULATED. So yes, they can take any money you deposit and can keep it in their pocket. I got out before they were able to do that and had no problem taking it out. maybe they are not frauds 100%

Sorry friend - I can’t open the blog - says I need to be invited by the author ???

I gets interesting watching intense conversation of users with 1-3 posts in history :smiley:

How to close an AvaFx account? I can’t find any options to close it!

Hi buddy, were you able to close this out? In this case, I think it would be best to ask their support team as they should be able to give you clear instructions here.

Dunno if they are a scam, but their CFDs on Oil are close to it. Two minutes before and after the wed. oil inventories, their spreads widens to 20pips - every week. How many unknowing traders get hit on a stop out on this? I am sure their Ts and Cs say they have a right to due this because of market conditions, so perhaps legally they are safe. But morally, this is a terrible injustice…

It’s 2013 (almost 2014), and people are still asking if AvaFX is a scam?

I lol’d. Ava is one of the best brokers out there, and they have proved that already.

I would be happy to show you how good they are, they are not processing my withdrawal from more than a month.
I was trading based on manual grid system. They took 2 weeks to tell me that my account was under investigation. then 1 week to ask me to send them my identity card and proof of address via post (not email, post!) and now they are even requesting me more docs. and their chat support is totally useless as they cannot provide me any answer different then: “I will let you know” - and obviously They do not update me as they are simply keeping time to find a way to do not pay me… is this a serious broker? Whatever could be their problem, there is way and other ways to handle it…

I read on other websites that I’m not the only one. there are several people from different countries.
Do you want to show me the proof or do you believe me?

They are not regulated? I do not want to upset you, but you can to not expect a happy ending…