Avatrade - Friedberg Direct

Hi, speaking as a Canadian, idk if I should trust this place or not

So “Avatrade” is a forex broker - that is under a corporation known as “Friedberg Direct” which is a sub-corp under “Friedberg Merchantile” who are registered on IIROC website i.e. the main umbrella company that does not really do the brokering is listed in IIROC.

Now I got a phone call from an introducing agent - who had more of an African accent, I’m sorry I don’t want to racial-profile anyone, I’m just saying what happened, BUT she had a number with +353 which I checked is Ireland.

Now I don’t know whats going on. They were the only company who called me the day of applying, and tried sound cordial and pleasant blah blah

BUT there is no Avatrade on IIROC. Everyone else is on there. They told me they’re listed, but I guess through some meandering, they have a legitimate argument. …and the name is “Friedberg Direct - Powered by AvaTrade Technology” … so are these corporation names a cover-up for something? Like, everything reads “scam” here. But I matched the address, and its the same as the Big papa corp Friedberg Mercantile, but no mention of avatrade.

Thoughts?