Back Testing

Anyone know a free demo account that allows you to back test your trading stategy?

You can back test your trading stategy on any free demo account.

If you mean using some kind of software you need MT4. (Metatrader4).

Try
StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform (StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform)

They are all about MT4 scripting and they dont’ have a time limit on the demo, I know how or if you can go live with them either…

new to forex:D and i red about the system named above using the RSI,STOCHASTIC,EMA,MACD HISTOGRAM.Does it now mean i won’t use the daily pivot point and all the stuffs taught in the pips school .:confused:

Yes if you decide to start with Cowabunga (which is a good system). As you progress you may well start to use the other things you have learnt but keeping it simple is an important principle

[I]Woleade - “Does it now mean i won’t use the daily pivot point and all the stuffs taught in the pips school”.[/I]

Beauty of any system you might read about, is everything is flexible. You can only buy, sell, or hold. If you add a different indicator, it can tell you to stay in the trade longer or dump faster. Whether that extra indicator will in the long run, wreck the rewards or add to the risk of that perticular system, is what the backtesting is for. ;o)

Selling something???/ :rolleyes:

cool, can we see the script? :slight_smile:

So, your not selling it or sharing it, just bragging about it???

Thanks!!!

You might not be selling your EA but you are soliciting people to invest their money with you. Unless i am wrong here, this is not the place to solicit for business. Stop spamming!

I AGREE, go rip someone else off:mad:

Thanks for the replies on the Backtesting. Sorry for being so late I was alittle busy with work.

I will try both platforms.

I am currently testing my staregy manually to see if it will be profitable long term. It is a bit time consuming and i was just wondering if there was anything free out there that could just set the indicators and set where I want to enter and exit then run a report and view the results.

I am also doing forward testing as real market conditions seem to be the best.

Try
StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform (StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform)

They are all about MT4 scripting and they dont’ have a time limit on the demo, I know how or if you can go live with them either…

You missed this post?