Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Ps: the Financial Times argues against ‘Brexit’

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ea8a0a6c-a415-11e5-873f-68411a84f346.html&ved=0ahUKEwiTvpSrxYrKAhUDChoKHa8VB8MQqQIIJDAC&usg=AFQjCNFQkU_doJ3KfbRYkRJBrRxAW3yJAw&sig2=CoJOom0Cfd7wqVcOzvQOrQ

EU referendum: US trade official Michael Froman says UK would miss out on trade after Brexit | City A.M.

Can’t read it without a subscription :frowning:

You can, I just did and I am.not subscribed…ignore all.prompts (if you get any, whether for cookies or other) and just scroll down…

Nope, its just not having it. I follow your link, see the article but get a pop up asking me to subscribe. I close the pop up and the ft home page appears so I look in comments, find the article again, and the pop up comes back.

Strange…

Here it is (all copyright reserved)!

Hi, it was the FT link I couldn’t read without a subscription

250 pip surge on both GbpNzd and GbpAud

Yes, apparently the Chinese stock market was closed early due to a 7% drop, which made Asia-Pacific indexes and currencies (including Yen crosses) slump.

GbpAud is at one of its many key levels, 2.05. Hopefully it can break above this.
GbpNzd seems to be levelling off at 2.1850, lets see if it falls back or picks up again.

Unrelated to the above, UsdCad is also at a resistance level. 1.3900. Im hoping for a push thru 1.40 very soon and a resumption of the up trend.

[B]GbpNzd[/B]
Just gone long at 2.2049, first buy here in weeks

Both of these now up 500 pips this week.
I’m also short EurUsd, short NzdUsd, and long UsdCad

Anyone trade USD/ZAR? I used to mess around with it a lot on previous demo accounts due to it’s high volatility (I’m a quick money maker! haha) but never had the guts to pull off day trades on this currency. I like risk, but not too much!

Never considered it, largely because this pair isnt offered on the volatility calculator I use

[QUOTE=“eddieb;740817”] Never considered it, largely because this pair isnt offered on the volatility calculator I use[/QUOTE]

What’s a volatility calculator do? I’m not trying to be stupid either. Just wondering if it’s different than an ATR.

It shows you the average number of pips movement per day. Just type how many weeks you want to measure it over, I tend to go for 26 or 52 weeks.
There’s a link on post 1

[QUOTE=“eddieb;740834”] It shows you the average number of pips movement per day. Just type how many weeks you want to measure it over, I tend to go for 26 or 52 weeks. There’s a link on post 1[/QUOTE]

Got it. I’ll take your word on that. I’m too lazy.

Exciting times ahead :wink:

After a very nice surge again today, prices dropped back and hit my SL.
Very profitable start to the year.