Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

It hit my trigger a short time ago. Been a very good week, roll on next week

Indeed - roll on next week. The game goes on and on.

GBP/NZD exhibiting some of that behaviour around the London fix for which balls of steel are most definitely needed - 200 pip 15m candle as NZD and AUD get smashed. My remaining open bit on GBP/AUD got smashed out at B/E.

Not sure what caused that big spike about 1 hour ago, but it looked like a good time to open a short position.

GBP/NZD:
Position #1 Short at 2.0872
Position #2 Short at 2.0940

Learn to follow a period line: your choice.

Yes, I am not sure either: the NZD/USD dipped lower, just like thatā€¦ I suppose there does not have to be a known reasonā€¦

Here is the ā€˜high-riskā€™ events calendar for this pair in the coming week, Tuesday to Friday:

Moved into profit then fell back, hit sl for + 10 pips

Hello Eddieā€¦

The heady days of 2.40 and 2.50 are still on my mind,

but, as you say, they seem so remote nowā€¦

You and Yohec have done really well out of this pairā€¦

You should be held up as model intraday tradersā€¦

Well done

Thanks for your kind words, PMH.
Itā€™s taken me a long time to stop being loyal to going long on this pair, I gave back all the profits I made over summer and early autumn. I had a similar problem with EurUsd, ridiculous really when I think about it.
Have a great weekend

You too, Eddie!!!

GbpJpy short @1.5700, sl at 1.58, tp at 1.54

GbpNzd short at 2.10, sl at 2.11, tp at 2.07

Short? Surely long? :5:

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ā€œeddieb;750868ā€]GbpJpy short @1.5700, sl at 1.58, tp at 1.54[/QUOTE]

Let that puppy run!!! Iā€™m short too, target 152.73

Short, but it dropped a bit and, as I was going out, I moved my SL below BE and it got hit while I was away. Still feel this has further to fall before it rises any distance, so I may go back in later

Mervyn King, ex-chairman of the BoE and long time euro sceptic, outlines in his new book his reasons for believing the Eurozone faces certain collapse.

The King has spoken!

My GBP/JPY short just hit TP for +100 all of a sudden. What was that drop just now from anybody know? Donā€™t see anything on the wires at the moment.

I think it is because the Asian session has started and trades are being done on Kiwi pairs in line with their movement during European and North American sessions, which was bearishā€¦

Very quiet start to the week.
Short UsdCad at 1.35, lets see if thereā€™s more movement here

100 pips up, 75 secured with stop