Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

I’m short too! Where are u Pipmehappy?

Short GbpAud 1.9139

Took Short GBP/Aud at 1.91307 current price is at 1.9096 thanks to Eddie’s advice It should make for a good trading day.

Currently at 1.9145, suffering from Friday evening wobbles and widening spreads. Sitting tight until Monday.
Have a good weekend everyone

Out having fun…

Friday night :slight_smile:

you too, Eddie!

Currently short E/U from 1.09691 - looking for a pullback ahead of Thursday’s ECB meeting. Have moved stop to B/E so I can go looking around for other trades in the meantime.

Ive got 4 trades on at the mo
Short GbpAud
Short GbpNzd
Short EurUsd
Long UsdJpy

Up on 2, down on 2

…Hello, Eddie!

Interesting: do you foresee a ‘risk-on’ environment in the short or medium term for a USD/JPY long?

I would agree with the long view short term, but in the medium term the devaluation of Yen crosses

seems inevitable… I could be wrong, of course ;p

A combination of things for my UsdJpy trade.
Firstly, Japan seem comfortable with letting the Yen weaken a bit and the dollar is probably a safer bet than the Euro or Pound.
Second, I follow the 3 ducks system for guidance and, while the H1 chart isn’t currently backing an uptrend, if you look at H4 this pair show a series of higher highs and higher lows since February 22/23

Yes, Eddie, I know what you mean…

Well, good luck with it all!

I am sure it will another bumper week for you (and Yohec).

PS: what happened to Baz, Uk-Kev, ZizzoForex, and CaMike?

E/U stop hit at B/E after price found support along the 200HMA. Debating about re-entering as would think that the upside for this pair should be pretty limited this week.

GBP/NZD short opened at 2.0945. Closed 2/3 of it at 2.0887 in line with the Asian session low. Leaving the rest to run.

2 of my trades returned to SL, GbpAud for +60pips, GbpNzd for +25 pips.
Not spectacular but it gets the week off on the right tracks

Yep - always nice to get the week off to a winning start.

I’m all out of the GBP/NZD short - closed out the final portion at 2.0875 after seeing price seem to find support at the 2.0860 level for the second time.

Waiting to see how things unfold for a bit now - will look for more opportunities tomorrow.

I’m still around, not had much useful to say lately though sorry. Sat enjoying the guys success on here :slight_smile:

Ahhh! There you are :slight_smile:

Well, how is the trading anyway?

Australian Dollar Climbs on Record Iron Ore Jump

8 March 2016, 07:48

By James Glynn

SYDNEY–The Australian dollar traded at eight-month highs Tuesday, supported by a record jump in the price of iron ore, the country’s biggest export.

At 0510 GMT, the Australian dollar was trading at US$0.7432, up from US$0.7366 at the same time Friday. It touched an intraday high of US$0.7483.

The price of iron ore jumped almost 20% on Monday to US$63.74 per ton. The iron ore price run was driven by seasonal restocking factors, and gains in steel prices.

Currency strategist at IG Markets, Evan Lucas, said the Australian dollar is caught in a “perfect storm,” and the rally should continue unabated for now.

Mr. Lucas said reasons to buy the Australian dollar include: a AAA sovereign rating; bond yields more than 200 basis points above global peers; the Reserve Bank of Australia shows no signs of cutting interest rates; economic data is strong.

“We have argued that the Australian dollar in 2016 is facing a perfect storm scenario and was ripe for a long call,” he said.

Earlier, Australia’s central bank said that interest rate cuts in other countries risk fanning support for the Australian dollar.

“The monetary easing abroad is a complication for us, as it tends to put downward pressure on the currencies where the easing is taking place and thus upward pressure on the Australian dollar,” said Philip Lowe, Deputy Governor at the Reserve Bank of Australia, who added that the central bank expects further easing from abroad.

RBA board member John Edwards recently told The Wall Street Journal he would prefer the Australian dollar to be trading closer to US$0.6500. Early in Sydney on Tuesday it was trading at US$0.7458.

Japan’s central bank recently set the country’s first negative interest rates, in a desperate attempt to keep the economy from sliding back into the stagnation that has dogged it for much of the last two decades. It joined the European Central Bank, which first did so in 2014.

Robert Rennie, the global head of currency strategy at Westpac said the ECB is set to deliver more easing, and the Bank of Japan is also likely to announce more stimulus.

“I have been banging a drum that the ECB is set to deliver,” he said. “I think the ECB delivers, and I think the BOJ will have to attempt to deliver increased asset purchases.”

“You put the two together, and I see that as a complication” for Australia’s central bank.

Earlier, a survey by National Australia Bank, showed business conditions rose in February. NAB’s business conditions index rose to +8 in February from +5 in January, while business confidence remained unchanged at +3.

“Another above-average outcome for business conditions is a great result in the current global environment,” said Alan Oster, chief economist at National Australia Bank.

“It confirms that low interest rates and a more competitive Australian dollar are clearly having the desired effect,” said Alan Oster, chief economist at NAB.

-Write to James Glynn at <[email protected]>

GbpAud at 1.92 looks like a good short opportunity to me

Ohh, just the usual. Losing 50% of my capital to divorce and watching oil and Cad$ rape me in tandem. So all in all an invigorating start to the year :slight_smile:

At least they can’t take away your sense of humour :slight_smile: