Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Short GBP/JPY from 159.80. Thinking that since ECB and Fed have been pretty dovish recently that BOE won’t have any option but to be the same given that they prefer the quid to be lower.

Closed most of it for +80 after USD/JPY broke down through the 111 level. Will leave the rest open to see if Carney does me any favours.

Moved stop to 2.1080

Nice trade:) :41:

My luck was in today alright. Being Irish and Paddy’s Day probably explains it.

Nice one!!!

Good to see I’m not alone. Have you looked at the 3 ducks thread, the Captain himself is another of the clan

Now 200 pips up, stop moved to 2.1120

Yes had a read of that thread before. Looks like a solid method. I did notice that the Captain was Irish too - there’s a few of us around it seems. With all our swishy new taxes over the past few years we probably all need to expand our incomes a bit.

Short GBP/AUD from 1.89956. Looked to be topping out on the 15m chart and was getting close to the 200HMA at 1.9016 which has been acting as resistance throughout March so seemed worth a pop. Have moved stop to B/E after it went +20. Up over 5% for the week so far so no need to give anything back unnecessarily.

I’m with you on this, short at 1.8967

Out for +200 pips

Closed for +30 after my patience wore thin. Wasn’t a fan of how it was looking. Cue it dropping like a lead balloon probably.

[B]UsdJpy[/B]

I think this pair is at or near bottom, so LONG at 111.25

Now, back to the Guinness :41:

As expected, nothing is dramatically diverging from the current status quo, today, and there is absolutely no significant break of any level …I may as well go back to bed…

I knew it…

This week there will be yet another excuse for

markets to do nothing because, well, this Friday will

be Good Friday…that is at the end of the week:

THIS IS MONDAY!!!

Today must have been the quietest opening day

EVER…

Average true ranges for a number of pairs have SUNK:

the liquidity has been truly drained out of them…

What hope does that leave for trend-development

in the next three days?

Very little, I suspect…

Yawn!!!

I’ve decided to give USD/JPY another try and open a new short because I think it will test 111.00 again.

It will go down, there is no doubt, but patience is required… :slight_smile:

"UsdJpy

I think this pair is at or near bottom, so LONG at 111.25

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently"

Looks like one of us may have to be disappointed…unless he has Balls Of Steel and can sit it out a bit longer! :slight_smile:

Usd jpy. I believed would be in the accumulation phase now. I would long it when the vpa matches .