Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

I’m short UsdCad, the thinking being that the uncertainty around the upcoming US election coupled with a slowly rising oil price should push this pair lower for a few more months

Interesting, I made my video yesterday about the Dollar and US elections…

I’d love to hear from some of our US based members on the US election.
The impression I get on this side of the pond, is that whoever wins will be the candidate who is least unpopular. There doesn’t seem to be a stand-out, popular candidate like Obama, Reagan, or Bill Clinton on either side this time.

Well, in my video I highlighted the vote difference between Obama’s re-election victory versus G.W.Bush’s re-election victory…a trumping victory for the first, versus a close call for the second; I also highlighted the different response in the US Dollar for both outcomes… It’s a great video, man I tell you haha

Now sitting at 2.0950, can it break 2.10 before close today?

Thats me for the week.
Finished with 20 wins and 2 losses, currently still in a winning streak of 18. Account up 12% over the week.
Enjoy your weekend everyone

Amazing!!! Have a great weekend!! Fed and RBNZ rate decisions next week :slight_smile:

…a good day :slight_smile:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13076596_1091430217570224_1043683504159881715_n.jpg?oh=362e7c4b659a527c6d500be02082908c&oe=57A6B7C1

Does easing of Brexit fears and possible RBNZ rate cut point to rise in this pair?

Pound To New Zealand Dollar: Are RBNZ To Cut Rates This Week?

That sounds like a…

What a start to the week!!!
Big opening spike at 10.00pm on GbpNzd hits my TP of 2.1080 for 150 pips profit :slight_smile: Happy days!

Wow…

My drawdown has shed about 1,000 pips since Thursday/Friday… incredible.

You must be pleased, Eddie…

Spread is out to 47 pips, ive got a buy limit in place but it’s miles away at these rates

GbpNzd dropped back and spread shrunk so buy limit triggered at 1.1060.
Likewise, UsdJpy buy limit triggered at 111.55

USD/JPY NOW POSITIONED HIGHER IN 108-113 RANGE – MARKET TALK
25 April 2016, 09:06

0606 GMT [Dow Jones] There’s still a big possibility that the USD/JPY, now at 111.25, will fall sharply if the BOJ moves later this week disappoint, says Yuzo Sakai, manager of FX business promotion at Tokyo Forex & Ueda Harlow. But Sakai says the pair’s trading range is being positioned higher, at between 108-113, from 105-110 previously. “I can expect a 70% possibility of a higher yen,” as the BOJ measures will likely disappoint investors, thus sending the USD/JPY pair to 109. But Sakai says the pair’s break on Friday above the 110-line, which is considered a strong resistance, was crucial, adding that it’s possible the resistance will turn into a support point. ([email protected])

Editor: JFN

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

I just do not believe it…

Look at the Nikkei 225, it has begun

a turn from a descending top…

Where the Nikkei225 goes, so will Yen pairs

follow.

The BoJ has long lost the battle in

the global currency wars, so with

world equities starting their turn

downward, risky assets will be unable

to find enough fuel in any further BoJ

initiatives to avoid the inevitable.

Fast FT

How different banks/analysts see the BoJ rate decision and its impact.

Looks like your GbpNzd rocket ship just took off again.

Yes!

It has!!