Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Now NZD/USD has gone up a little, but the range of these movements is about 15-20 pips, as

the auction results have yet to be published…

Instruments with high volatility are my favourite. One of them is NZD/USD. I heard a lot if you feel boring while you trade it’s a success key. But it’s not for me)

Never a dull moment with high volatility pairs but you can set them up and walk away. Suits my lifestyle perfectly

[QUOTE=“eddieb;760510”] Never a dull moment with high volatility pairs but you can set them up and walk away. Suits my lifestyle perfectly[/QUOTE]

GBPJPY is all I’m trading. Closed 344 ticks in 24 hours. I’m done for the week.

That was the very first pair I followed, back when I was learning and on demo. It only seemed to go up back then, a bit different from the last year or so

GbpNzd closed for +80 pips. Thats 10 consecutive winning trades this week.

New buy limit in place ar 2.0560

Still in 2 other trades, both Shorts, EurUsd and UsdCad. Stops placed in profit, these are both long term trades

Nice streak hotshot :wink:

I’m more hit and miss this week. Up a bit but not been one of my better weeks so far. Had some trouble buying into all this rallying going on and probably over-thought it. Should have just traded what was in front of me and not worried about where I thought markets should be going. Easier said than done sometimes though!

Some of the trends out there concern me. Im reluctant to trade against the dollar long term as I really cant see the US allowing it to continue weakening, it just goes against the American physche to have a weak currency. Yellen can point to current slackness in global economies as vindication of her reluctance to raise rates sooner or quicker, and the upcoming US election (and possible lack of credible candidates) is probably holding things back as well, but none of the other major economies are exactly flying either.
Hence, im bringing Stops into play earlier than before just to protect myself, and this means im getting trades closed sooner and with fewer pips than before. Better safe than sorry

GbpNzd meeting a lotof resistance at 2.06.
Could really do with a sustained push above this level if its going to make decent profit before pre-Brexit wobbles kick in in June

GbpNzd now up to resistance area of 2.0750-2.0800, if it breaks thru this the next resistance is 2.10

Retracement took me out for +140 pips.
In GbpNzd again at lower price of 2.0663

You are on fire!!!

It’s not the levels we were making last year but its healthy enough

GbpNzd now over 2.08

USD/JPY EXTENDS GAINS ON HOPES FOR BOJ LENDING SCHEME – MARKET TALK
22 April 2016, 09:40

0640 GMT [Dow Jones] The USD/JPY gains upward momentum, hitting as high as 110.43 (now at 110.30), as the eurozone trading hour kicks off yen selling on expectation of Bank of Japan stimulus next week. Dealers cited a Bloomberg report that the BOJ is mulling ways to introduce negative interest rates to lend to financial institutions. “Expectations for an extra easing have increased,” says Yasuaki Amatatsu, senior analyst of global markets research at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ. This can be interpreted as an introduction of Japanese version of the targeted longer-term refinancing operations (known as the TLTRO scheme in the eurozone). This is “friendly” to Japan’s banking industry, whose profits have been hit by the BOJ’s negative interest rates policy. The measure could also be seen as encouragement to banks in the quake-hit areas in southern Japan to lend to households and companies, he says. ([email protected])

Editor JSM

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Currently sitting at 110.58, +90 pips up

Nice article but it’s old news and the BoJ has run out of ammunition: it is losing the currency war.

Sell Yen pairs, all the way

Retracement took me out at 2.0797, nice profit.
Buy limit in place should it drop further to 2.0767

Winning streak now 15 straight wins, also have SL in play on UsdJpy

I have cautiously decided to add a fourth trade:

short S&P500.

Fingers crossed.

My entry is the white dotted line on this

weekly chart:

Not something I’ve ever considered trading. Looks like potentially a good earner, good luck.
What other trades are you in?
Im only in UsdJpy and UsdCad, but have pending order in on GbpNzd

UsdCad: long or short, since the Doha meeting?

A slow-cooking pair!

I am still in the same three trades as before…

Long GBP/NZD (target: somewhere toward 3.0);

short EUR/GBP (target: between 0.60 and 0.50);

short FTSE100 (target: about 5,000).