Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

I wish the Kiwi Dollar would just finally give up the ghost!! Extremely frustrating…

Basically every pair was that frustrating. At least for me :frowning:

Hello Joe…

Which pairs are/were you trading?

Kiwi-Yen is doing well to the short side

because it follows the Dollar-Yen and Nikkei225

more than the Kiwi-Usd…

So the Kiwi-short exposure is

quite diverse across pairs,

I find…

What do you think?

I think it is just that the Kiwi is almost net-flat

(going by the last COT report) and in this case

the second influence on GBP/NZD comes in

a bearish form from the Pound’s Brexit trouble…

Just watched Rick Santelli on CNBC explain why he believes the EU would make life very difficult for the UK if we voted to leave
Basically, they would have to make an example of us to discourage other countries from considering leaving.

Similarly, the U.S. was going to make life difficult two decades ago (1995) for Quebec, had it decided

to break up Canada by going its own way…

History repeats itself but we are unable to learn its lessons.

White House documents reveal how U.S. would react if Quebec had separated - The Globe and Mail

I got out just in time. I took a 150 pip profit from 2.1130 to 2.1280. I’ve set a buy order at 2.1120 but I don’t know if it will drop that low again.

Nice one, Yohec!!!

Did you manage to get back in again?

AUSTRALIA’S RBA MAY CHOOSE GO-FOR-GROWTH POLICY – MARKET TALK
3 June 2016, 08:40

0540 GMT [Dow Jones] It has been a stellar week for the Australian economy. Data has showed the economy growing at the fastest pace in 3.5 years; building approvals hit fresh record highs; car sales are at record highs; and tourist arrivals hit fresh record highs. “The economy is firing on all cylinders,” says Craig James, chief economist at Commsec. “Clearly any suggestion that rate cuts are needed to lift a sagging economy is very much misplaced,” he adds. The Reserve Bank may yet cut rates again, but on the premise that the economy can record even faster growth without sparking higher inflation, he added. ([email protected]; Twitter @JamesGlynnWSJ)

Editor: CNG

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

UK’s EU referendum
Brexit poll tracker

The UK will hold a referendum on June 23 to decide if it will stay in or leave the European Union. This page summarises the opinion polling on the matter.

Latest developments

FT poll of polls. May 30, 2016
STAY 46%
LEAVE 43%

Four European leaders have waded into Britain’s referendum campaign with unusually blunt warnings, telling voters that leaving the EU would hurt their travel rights, economic prospects, and international clout.

Well, what a start to the new month this has been. Really testing those Balls of Steel and Buddha Buttocks :slight_smile:
Day 3 of the month and ive only managed a paltry 30 pips profit.
Don’t expect to close any trades today, so I’ll just wish you all a pleasant weekend

Namaste

I know! Horrid…NFPs were dismal as I posted somewhere… Gbpnzd really getting punished

So, you earn 30 pip profit and complain about that!!! I almost broke in this f*ckn NFP friday! I’ve lost 30% off my account, you should be opening a bottle of chandon today.

And I had some ducker hack my bank accounts and take 100% of my trading capital. Stop complaining and go buy a beer with what funds you have left.

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;769411”] And I had some ducker hack my bank accounts and take 100% of my trading capital. Stop complaining and go buy a beer with what funds you have left.[/QUOTE]
Shoot, what broker bob bro?

Not my broker bro, my bank! But it’s another story, subject of another thread.

Hi pipmehappy. I traded the other day. The more I traded , the more I lost. Lost my cool, and kept stacking loses. Reason was revenge trade :frowning: .Man was it a very painful experience. Sometimes we just have to experience it as a whole before knowing what this phrases means, “cut your loses fast and swift” & "never add to losing position "

I was looking at jpy pairs, new Zealand pairs & Aussie pairs. I learnt about correlation between them… man , was I slaughtered fast & ugly. But good experience indeed.

The only thing I did well was money management. I lost about 30plus trades within a single day. With purpose I only lost about 1% of my current account balance. If all else fails, at least I got my money management right. Recovery wouldn’t be that hard giventhe percentages I had lost.Hope I can sort my head up soon.

I’m transitioning from a day to swing trading now. Have still a aud/jpy opened. Still not sure what type of trader I’m. I’ll find it out soon :slight_smile:

Joe

With you there Joe, my biggest failing is adding to losing positions whenever it seems price is turning back in my favour. I break my own trading rules out of, to be honest, greed, instead if sticking to my rule of not opening a new trade while another is showing a loss.
Bob, hope all works out okay in the end and the bank reimburse you soon.

+10 to that. I added 10 position to a losing one, thinking it will reverse… slap me please