Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

That is exactly what will never be told in history books, but it is the truth and nothing but…

:frowning:

I’m pretending to live in UK for the next year… Can the Brexit affect the laws of immigration of foreigners (non EU) in your opinion? If the Brexit occurs, It will be the right time to convert all my money into pounds?

Another stupid question, I spend monthly to live in my country about 2K (in pounds), I have a family (2 children, a big house, some cars and a economic woman) Do you think that I will survive in UK (NI) with a minimum decent life with this amount per month?

Brexit shouldn’t affect non-EU citizens. If we exit the pound will most likely lose value, so I wouldn’t consider changing until things settle down,

Depends where you will live. Central London rent for a 2 bed flat could easily use your whole £2k but North England under half that

Thank you for the advice Eddieb! I pretend to move to Northern Ireland. The rent prices are about 500 pm for a 3 bed house. I made a estimative:

500 rent
400 supermarket
100 gasoline
100 Heating oil
100 Eletricity
100 Clothes and toys for kids
700 Beer, vodka, Irish cream…

Good to see you have your priorities right :slight_smile:

Which part of Northern Ireland do you intend going to?

Hahaha quality!!

I’m in doubt! Belfast or Ballymena.

I want to live in Belfast cause is the biggest city, but my mother in law lives in Ballymena. So… I think belfast is better to keep safe from that witch! hahahaha

I’ve never been to Ballymena, but Belfast has some beautiful scenery and is still a vibrant, modern city

I have a good friend from university days who is from (London)Derry and told me a few things about

the town of Ballymena, they talk funny (like nowhere else in Norther Ireland) and they are

‘real country folk’… farming folk… So if you enjoy tractor racing beyond any wild dream, then

it is the place for you haha

ECB READY TO SUPPORT MARKETS IN EVENT OF BREXIT
14 June 2016, 21:28
By Tom Fairless in Frankfurt and Zeke Turner in Berlin
The European Central Bank stands ready to work with the Bank of England to provide additional liquidity to financial markets if the U.K. votes to leave the European Union next week, a person familiar with the matter said.

Britons are heading to the polls on June 23 for a referendum on whether to remain a member of the 28-nation EU or leave the bloc. Stocks fell around the world Tuesday as investors considered the possibility that Britain might exit, with recent opinion polls suggesting a swing in favor of such a result.

If Britain does vote to leave, the ECB might publish a declaration on June 24 underlining its readiness to tap currency-swap lines with the Bank of England that were established during the financial crisis, the person said.

“We may repeat this in a declaration, but the swap lines have already been in place for eight years,” the person said. “This would be to reassure markets.”

One ECB official said the swap lines wouldn’t necessarily be used. “There is a lot of liquidity around so it might not be needed at all,” the official said. “We simply don’t know.”

The ECB established currency swap lines during the financial crisis with five major central banks – the Bank of England, Bank of Canada, the Bank of Japan, the Federal Reserve and the Swiss National Bank – in an effort to ease market strains. They allow eurozone banks to ask the ECB for dollars or pounds, for instance, and U.K. banks to ask the Bank of England to provide dollars or euros.

Major banks with branches in the eurozone also have access to the ECB’s weekly refinancing operations, where the central bank has provided euros on demand since 2008.

ECB President Mario Draghi told reporters earlier this month that the ECB is “ready for all contingencies” in the event of a so-called Brexit.

“The ECB has a view whereby the U.K. should remain in the European Union, because the European Union would benefit from its permanence, and we believe that the U.K. too would benefit from staying in the European Union,” Mr. Draghi said.

Still, “the ECB is ready for any outcome,” he said.

An EU referendum poll-of-polls calculated by NatCen Social Research, which is based on the average share of the vote for leave and remain in the six most recent polls of voting intentions, shows leave with 51% and remain with 49%, excluding people who are undecided.

Todd Buell and Nicholas Winning contributed to this article.

Write to Tom Fairless at <[email protected]>

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Apparently so (as it says right at the end of the article)…

Third time lucky?

Deutsche Boerse boss raises prospect of US deal if London Stock Exchange merger fails

YEN CONTINUES TO RISE AHEAD OF U.K. VOTE
14 June 2016, 23:46
By Chelsey Dulaney
The Japanese yen headed for its third consecutive session of gains Tuesday as fears over next week’s U.K. vote on European Union membership continued to spur demand for safer currencies.

The dollar fell 0.1% to Yen106.15, while the pound fell 1.2% to Yen149.77. Growing uncertainty over the outcome of the “Brexit” vote and three major central bank meetings this week have driven demand for safe-haven asset including the yen, gold and U.S. and German government bonds.

Polls show a narrowing race for the June 23 U.K. referendum, which investors fear would weigh on the economies of both the U.K. and Europe. Several polls released on Monday and Tuesday showed support for the “leave” campaign pulling ahead.

“There is a growing sense of concern that the referendum may, in fact, result in a win for the “Leave” campaign, prompting broader turmoil in the global markets,” wrote analysts at Scotiabank in a research note. “Investors are trading defensively.”

Meanwhile, the dollar rose against most major peers as the Federal Reserve kicked off its two-day policy meeting. Few expect the central bank to adjust short-term interest rates when it concludes its meeting tomorrow, but investors will be watching for clues on the future path of interest-rate increases.

A Commerce Department report Tuesday showed that sales at U.S. retailers and restaurants rose 0.5% in May, the latest sign consumer spending strengthened this spring.

The WSJ Dollar Index, which measures the U.S. currency against 16 others, rose 0.5% to 86.81.

YEN CONTINUES TO RISE AHEAD OF U.K. VOTE
14 June 2016, 23:46
By Chelsey Dulaney
The Japanese yen headed for its third consecutive session of gains Tuesday as fears over next week’s U.K. vote on European Union membership continued to spur demand for safer currencies.

The dollar fell 0.1% to Yen106.15, while the pound fell 1.2% to Yen149.77. Growing uncertainty over the outcome of the “Brexit” vote and three major central bank meetings this week have driven demand for safe-haven asset including the yen, gold and U.S. and German government bonds.

Polls show a narrowing race for the June 23 U.K. referendum, which investors fear would weigh on the economies of both the U.K. and Europe. Several polls released on Monday and Tuesday showed support for the “leave” campaign pulling ahead.

“There is a growing sense of concern that the referendum may, in fact, result in a win for the “Leave” campaign, prompting broader turmoil in the global markets,” wrote analysts at Scotiabank in a research note. “Investors are trading defensively.”

Meanwhile, the dollar rose against most major peers as the Federal Reserve kicked off its two-day policy meeting. Few expect the central bank to adjust short-term interest rates when it concludes its meeting tomorrow, but investors will be watching for clues on the future path of interest-rate increases.

A Commerce Department report Tuesday showed that sales at U.S. retailers and restaurants rose 0.5% in May, the latest sign consumer spending strengthened this spring.

The WSJ Dollar Index, which measures the U.S. currency against 16 others, rose 0.5% to 86.81.

Thank you extequila, I’ll take that as a compliment. :wink:
I’ll decline the offer, if that’s ok, I wouldn’t want the responsibility of anyone else’s money relying on my judgement.
What you could do, take a look at the 3 ducks trading system on here. I use it as the basis for my entries. It’s a good solid, easy to set up system. When I traded nothing else but it I was getting about 60% success.
Maryo Cairo is also worth a look, but you need to understand his chsrts as he doesn’t use much English.

After a quiet day yesterday, it’s been all action overnight.

Closed one GbpJpy trade for +100 pips.
Another GbpJpy trade 300 pips up, SL in place at 250 pips
GbpAud currently 100 pips up, SL in place at 50 pips

hi eddieb,
you are damn good.
I have a question and I don’t understand this. I read many times that a good trader priority is to protect their capital, so they should be picky n have strict Money management, as the result they have a good chance to win the trades, but how come many say that the realistic profit are 5-10% per month, expecting more means risk too much.

I put this on example:
let say in one month we do 10 trades, we win 80% of it with 3% risk.
8 wins X 3% = 24%
2 lose X 3% = 6%

24-6= 18% win

could please you enlighten me? is there something I miss understood?