Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

It is? Good to know :))

2.23am? How are you finding fatherhood, is your body clock adjusting or, like myself, are you walking around like a zombie?

Haha it is a bit all over the place!

I have always been one for going to bed lateā€¦ sometimes it is just the way it goesā€¦

Baby sleeps well through the night, better than the first two weeks ā€¦ My partner sometimes

wakes up before the baby starts crying at full volume, so I get a good six hours in a rowā€¦

I may snooze a bit this afternoonā€¦

Did you find that it got better once a day/night routine was established after the first few weeks/months?

Next week is going to be explosiveā€¦ In fact, the next two trading weeksā€¦

Next Wednesday-Thursday alone will be a BOMB:

• First, the Global Dairy Trade Auction;
  • Second, the FOMC rate decision, forecast, statement, and full press conference;
  • Third, New Zealandā€™s GDP figures;
  • through the night between Wesdnesday and Thursday there will be the BoJ rate decision and presser;
  • on Thursday lunchtime the BoE rate decision (no change expected, but you never know)ā€¦

And then, the following Thursday-Friday, the EU referendum vote and resultsā€¦

Fortunes will be made and lostā€¦

:open_mouth:

Baby should settle into a routine fairly quickly, unfortunately when she starts teething you may get a bad time again but not as bad as now. Its all worth it though, every minute of it.
Do you keep a wallchart with upcoming events on it, there are so many I sometimes forget until the last minute :slight_smile:

Thanks for the encouragement, father to fatherā€¦ :slight_smile:

I would like to have a wallchart, but it would be a bit much

for my partner, who has become more accepting of my trading but I try not to be too loud about itā€¦

Instead, I populate my personal calendar each weekend

with the key market events for the week ahead, as if they

were personal appointmentsā€¦ I am indeed trying to

reschedule a music class on Wednesday evening because

there may or may not be a hike from the Fed but the market may be very volatile and I want to monitor my
trades and the market reaction to Yellenā€™s press conferenceā€¦

Ideally I would have country stats on the wall, e.g.

New Zealand new mortgages monthly figures and

Dairy auction prices charts, but that would be

over the top. :slight_smile:

What do you make of the whole FOMC hike/no-hike scenario? Will they, wonā€™t they?

FOMC-wise, there is a lot to consider.
First, the employment figures are expected to make up for last weeks numbers. This has been the case every time (except during recession) that one months numbers have massively underperformed the following month has pulled it back.
Then thereā€™s the Brexit vote. An out vote could cause a run on sterling and the euro, strengthening the dollar and possibly yen, so a fed hike would be unhelpful to US exports.
And then thereā€™s oil. If thereā€™s a Brexit, Europe and the UK in particular could fall into recession, dragging down industrial and domestic oil/petrol usage and possibly forcing oil lower.

Sitting on your hands may be the only sensible thing to do in the short term

This trader seems to be talking about my tradingā€¦

Watch ā€œ7 Components of Profitable Trading Systems | Andrew Falde, SMB Capitalā€ on YouTube

BREXIT THE LEAST OF U.K.'S WORRIES, SAYS WOODFORD ā€“ MARKET TALK
13 June 2016, 14:24
1124 GMT The economic instability that would arise from a British exit from the EU is small compared with several global threats that will face the U.K. whether or not it remains in the bloc, says prominent U.K. investor Neil Woodford. These include issues such as excessive government and consumer debt, excess capacity, deflation, a rapidly aging population, weak productivity growth and a lack of investment. Mr. Woodford, writing in a blog post on his fundā€™s website, says because of this, his investment strategy will not be affected by the outcome of the referendum vote on June 23. ([email protected]; @deniseroland)

Contact us in London. +44-20-7842-9464
<[email protected]>

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

If this guys right, or if we vote Leave, just how low can gbpnzd go? Its just dipped under 2.00, a level I never thought Iā€™d see

Damn, spiking pairs just took me out for a loss, ending 26 trade win run. :frowning:

I know, it touched the historic 2.0, a big round-number levelā€¦ Now it is around 2.02ā€¦ Remember the 1,000+ pips up we saw on this pair on Monday 24th August 2015? I would not be surprised if it happened again (in either direction) ten months later, namely on 24th Juneā€¦

BREXIT POLLS INFLUENCE NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR TRADING ā€“ MARKET TALK
13 June 2016, 23:26
2125 GMT - Brexit polls influenced trading in the New Zealand dollar overnight, say ANZ strategists. They say the kiwi ā€œtraded a fairly decent circa 50 pip range overnight, mimicking price action in GBP, which rallied hard early in the London session, only to fall back later onā€ following a Brexit exit poll which leaned in favor of Britain exiting the EU. ā€œRisk off might weigh on the kiwi but it has two very strong friends in its corner: robust growth and high yields,ā€ ANZ strategists say. The New Zealand dollar is trading at US$0.7049. ([email protected])

Decent start to the week, Iā€™m in 5 trades, all in profit and 4 have stops securing some of that profit.
Avoiding GbpNzd and GbpAud, which is difficult, but the swings here are too volatile even for me.

What trades are you in, Eddie?

Shorts on
Eurusd been in a week or so as thought Euro was overvalued
GbpJpy Jpy always a safe haven
AudJpy (2 trades here by accident, double clicked) again, Jpy a safe haven
AudUsd Dollar strong here recently and also a safe haven

Ill leave GbpJpy with a wide stop, just in profit

wow eddie, can u coach me? seriously seeing how you all discuss its good to have tips from u guys and get some knowledge on how you all trade.

GBP SEEN DROPPING TO $1.26, RISING TO 0.86 PER EUR ON BREXIT ā€“ MARKET TALK
14 June 2016, 14:52
1152 GMT GBP/USD could fall potentially as far as $1.26 in the event of a Brexit vote in the U.K.'s June 23 referendum, says Rabobank, while EUR/GBP could reach 0.86. The comments come as opinion polls show a greater risk of a vote to leave the EU, taking the pound to two month lows of $1.4111 and 0.7975 per euro respectively. Rabobank would also expect a fall in EUR/USD, although ā€œless sharpā€, towards $1.08, ā€œas the market starts to assess the impact of Brexit on broader levels of coherence and cohesion of the EU.ā€ It would also expect demand for the safe-haven Swiss franc to grow, taking EUR/CHF to 1.05. EUR/USD trades at $1.1222, EUR/CHF at 1.0832. ([email protected])

Contact us in London. +44-20-7842-9464
<[email protected]>

Change of Margin Requirements During EU Referendum
The upcoming United Kingdom European Union membership referendum on June 23 is expected to cause significant volatility in the market. While presenting you with enough trading opportunities, this event could also leave many traders exposed to large losses.
In order to protect our clients from significant market movements in the build-up to, and during, the referendum, we will be lowering the maximum available leverage for instruments likely to be affected the most.
The new margin requirements will take effect after market close on June 17, 2016, and will last until market closing on June 24, 2016.
Please note that open positions will also be affected. In order to avoid possible margin calls and/or stop outs, you may be required to close some of your positions or deposit additional funds to increase your account equity.

New margin requirements will be as follows:
* Major GBP Crosses* 2% (1:50)
* Minor GBP Crosses* 4% (1:25)
* Exotic GBP Crosses* 8% (1:12.5)
* All EUR Crosses (Except EURGBP)* 1% (1:100)
* European Indices (Spot & Futures)* will be increased to 5% (1:20)
* European Shares* will be increased to 15% (1:6.66)

• Unless existing margin requirement is higher, in which case existing margin requirement will prevail.

Margin requirements for all other instruments will not be affected.
Kind Regards,
FxPro Customer Support

Hello peeps!

in answer to what Eddie posted,

here is my Investing.com daily chart, where I have an overlay of the

British FTSE100 index and the FTSE Vix (volatility index)ā€¦ notice the

sudden rally in volatility (= a measure of fear) and a reversal in the

FTSE100 (the two are inversely correlated)ā€¦

The last time we had such an elevated volatility, as you can see in the

middle of the chart, was in January-February, when markets had a big

dropā€¦

This is for real!

To say thats concerning is an understatement. Im almost to the point of thinking a Brexit vote could knock Sterling and the UK economy into unchartered territory, a recession and run on the pound far worse than we have ever experienced.
I blame it on Cameron, running so scared of UKIP that heā€™s risked all our futures by promising this stupid referendum just to buy votes at the last election