Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Retraced to hit my moved stop for +100 pips. Happy with that

GbpNzd seems to be around the bottom of a retracement, 2.445.
May be a good time to go long

[B]House price confusion fuels Aud volatility[/B]

National auction clearance rates were shown to be at their lowest month in three years on Monday, and most significant auction clearance rates in the red-hot Sydney and Melbourne property marketsare steadily easing as well.
The slowdown comes after the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) increased the amount of capital the banks are required to hold against residential mortgage exposures, and capped the annual growth allowed in investor loans at 10%.
“The likelihood of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) cutting interest rates down to 1.75% or even 1.5% within the next twelve months increases dramatically,” says
Angus NicholsonMarket Analyst with IG in Melbourne

[B]GbpAud at 10 day high[/B]

Pushing up to 2.1780, the highpoint of the last 10 days. If this breaks it should be good for another 50 pips at least before the next S&R level

In early September it broke past 2.18 a number of times but could not hold above the level. When it finally broke through, it took off all the way to 2.21. We may see something similar again?

Sounds good. Otherwise a huge move could easily wipe out most of your gains.

[B]GbpAud rises on poor China data[/B]

After rising on poor China data earlier this morning, GbpAud fell back on profit taking. Its now on the up again, pushing towards 2.18, and if it breaks thru expect another 100 pips fairly quickly

Long at 2.42769, just come off the bottom of an ascending triangle in h4 chart. Should rise to around 2.46 where it could once again test resistance

Good move. Let’s see if the Trade Balance news pushes the price higher. I’m ready to make a quick exit and take profits if it takes a big spike beyond 2.4500.

News coming up in 15 minutes. Good luck.

Passed 2.19 and testing 2.20. Expect some resistance here, possibly a retracement which would offer buying opportunities for anyone not already long.

Retraced as expected, hit 2.18 but now climbing again past 2.185.
Last chance to buy in? Only time will tell

I’m in. Long GBP/AUD at 2.1840

I also placed a buy order at 2.1740, but let’s hope it does not get near this level.

You should be good for at least 2.20 (+160 pips)

I agree. I have been watching this pair for days, waiting for a good price to enter long. It looks to have good support at 2.1800.

In again.
Position #2: Long GBP/AUD at 2.1750

One more time.
Position #3: Long GBP/AUD at 2.1650

Certainly living up to their volatile reputation today

Yes, indeed. The next support level is all the way to 2.1460.

I prefer the 2.1650 support level :slight_smile:

Yes, 2.1650 did hold. I’ll draw it on my chart.

It made a nice recovery. At one point I was down more than 300 pips on my 3 positions. I am now in small profit. I’m going to have to re-think my exit strategy. It may have trouble breaking out above 2.1800. I could just close out my 3 positions at 2.1800 for +150 pips.

My problem is that it can make big moves during the London open and I’m sleeping at that time. I still have about 6 hours to think about it before going to sleep.