Bartender saying Hello

Hi all. My names Max

Really enjoying the education section on this website. Definitely a big time saver opposed to searching through youtube trying to separate the good eggs from the bad ones.

I’m a bartender by trade. Occasionally a chef also. What brings me here is the simple reason of not wanting to be poor. And no, I know trading forex isn’t a get rich quick thing. Ive opened a £50 account to mess around with and learn how the market moves, But most of my time is spent on the education section on babypips

The main difficulty right now for me is seeing/hearing people telling me not too day trade then others telling me. 'yeah you can day trade. BUT you need to 1. Not let emotions control actions 2. Not treat it as a get rich quick scheme 3. Have a plan and stick too it

I Know this is sort a long read but id just like to hear everyones thoughts

I’m 2 weeks into learning this skill. if anyone has more advice please don’t hold back

also if anyone at the same level as me wants to connect and help each other lets connect

stay safe everyone

Thanks max

Trading is hard but not impossible , the ones who fail will dump on it which is just a sad case of life. I day trade for a living and gain investment from swing so speak from a place of knowing the limits of the market. The charts are easy once you know what to look for , its the mind game and money management that breed failure, ie Fear & Greed and to high a expectation as there are no short cuts in trading. treat it as a job with respect and it will pay as a job

2 Likes

NIcely put! (As usual! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I think you’re going down the wrong road and asking the wrong question. You’re 2 weeks in and your main difficulty is the above. Whether you should day trade or not is not the question you need to worry about at present.

You need to complete the babypips course, read threads and books. Work on your education first. Dont rush the process, its the most important part. You do this right, you’ll save yourself a lot of time, money
and heartache. When you know the pros and cons of all ways to trade then you can look to trade in a way that suits your personality and lifestyle.

Right now, your main difficulty should be not enough hours in the day to read lol. Best of luck.

1 Like

Alright cool thanks for the advice. I guess I worded that wrong, It is a problem but maybe not the main problem. As well as studying a lot. any books you’d recommend

Great thanks for the encouragement and solid advice!

1 Like

Yeh try this thread. I’ve added in some books and other threads depending on what you want to focus on. Best of luck.

1 Like