Be the Honey Badger

Hello babypips community,

I’m new here and to Forex. Been trading on a demo account for about 3 months. Blew that up a couple of times. Started a real account. Lost about 2 grand. Now back to demo for a while.

I love watching the markets and following the economic calendar. Everyday is something new! Although, there is almost too much out there. So for me, I’m trying to narrow my focus to the AUD/USD and 30min charts.

Learning to trade while raising children is hard. But I learned to speak German, so I can think I can learn Forex. One of the reasons why I am learning to trade is because I want to spend more time with my kids.

I chose Forex because I’m in Sydney Australia and it’s hard to trade on the ASX. Because forex is open 24 hours, I can find a time that suits me.

See you in the forums!

2 Likes

Herzlich willkommen! Schön dich hier zu haben. Wir sind hier, um Ihnen auf Ihrer Reise zu helfen.

Could you please describe what exactly you did to lost 2 grands on real account after solid experience with demo ? Why do you need German in Australia ? Is it something with it which was there anyway for many possible ways out there or not ? I do hope it will not happen.

Well I thought I had a solid plan but I didn’t. I ended up overtrading and revenge trading. I always keep my risk at 1% but once you go live it’s all different. There’s nothing like trading real money and the emotion that goes with that. What I have found true is that you don’t know what you don’t know. I’m trying to learn to trade without a mentor. So I don’t have someone holding my hand and I end up making mistakes. And losing 2 grand was one of them.

I don’t NEED German is Australia. I learned German because my wife is German so we often go back to visit her family.

Hello @HonestDon! Welcome to babypips. I’ve been meaning to start a live account too because I feel like I’m not taking things seriously because I know it’s just a demo account. But on the other hand I’m sure I’m not ready yet for a live account. :sweat_smile: Good luck on your trading journey. :blush: