Beauty and ugliness of FX trading questions

What are the beauty and ugliness of Foreign Exchange trading? How many dedicated traders actually exits in this market!!! Are online paid courses are a good way to learn Forex trading properly and shortly?

Online paid course is complicated issue , I did a paid course when I was a newcomer but after passing when I became mature in trading , I felt the knowledge I have gained from paid course was available in Google and You Tube. So, for beginners I donā€™t recommend at any course. Continue in Baby pips. Itā€™s a big course but not paid.

The beauty of trading appears to when your strategy works 100% but we donā€™t feel that mostly times. And the ugliness is when market moves at random because in that there is no one who can calculate the market with certainly in spite of having good trading knowledge and experience.

I look at the whole thing as Ugly and Dishonest.
i donā€™t see any Beauty in trading, Not even winning.

this is a financial market
itā€™s purpose for existing is to feed the world economies with Money.

it derives that money from the population of the country.
in some cases it rips you off
in other cases you get goods or services in return

BUT IN EVERY CASE
YOU ALWAYS GET LESS VALUE FOR THE MONEY YOU PUT IN

It canā€™t be otherwise,
if it was the marketsā€™ would not make a profit

i stay in this to extract money from it for myself
i play the game out of necessity, not because i enjoy it

The market is entirely neutral; it is neither beautiful nor ugly. Any beauty or ugliness you see comes from the personal filters through which you view the world.

I completely agree
and my comment was based PURELY ON MY OWN PERCEPTION OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

hence why i worded it like thisā€¦ ā€œI LOOK ATā€ ā€œI DONā€™T SEEā€

Perhaps the question should be more geared towards retail brokers, rather than the market, the market which you as retail traders donā€™t even take part in, influence, trade or have access to?

The market that you trade and the market which you see is the market that your broker displays, you trade with your broker, not in the underlying FX market - a crucial difference.

Edit: Even the term ā€˜tradeā€™ is deeply incorrect, as no trade takes place, rather a speculative bet against your broker. The only caveat is that a very small handful of well funded retail traders can open a front end account with direct market access, but weā€™re talking of accounts with a minimum opening balance of Ā£100k GBP, and >$1M in assets for US clients (a regulatory requirement)

1 Like

The beautiness and such solely depend on you, as basically everything is different for everyone
Some may find it in having obnoxious profits or some may find it in having a killer streak of smaller ones
Heck, some may even find the losses thrilling
At the end, everything is up to you

If what paid courses give traders are available on Google and YouTube. Then obviously as a newcomer, I will not go for those attractive paid courses what promises many things which are actually empty. Thanks for your recommendation and reply. Already forex is complicated and I donā€™t want to make it more complicated.

Actually, you are damn so right about it. It all depends on how I see things. Though except knowing the truth we seek for comments from others. Maybe it is a consolation for people like me. It is all about our outlook. No matter what it is, we can make it ugly or beauty.

Donā€™t call it a consolation, if thatā€™s what makes you go, then thatā€™s it, go for it, calling it consolation is like pitying yourself, you shouldnā€™t do that
After all, you came here to win (At some extent :p)

Yes , thanks for right decision. No hurry to learn by some paid course . learn from your trading in demo or micro. Good luck

I have said before paid course is always complex subject. Before joining any paid course it is more appropriate to judge itself by passing enough time. otherwise you could lost some money by means of paid. But there are some paid course in Forex online about Time and money management actually these are useful.

Frankly, Iā€™d pay for an online course (or for a face to face course, for that matter), only if I know the person offering the course very well, I have seen them trade over a long period of time, I know other students who have graduated and I know that they are all (or at least a large percentage of them) successful. Otherwise I find it hard to trust such courses.

The beauty is- there is no limitation of earning! By the
way, I have never seen any good online paid service!

By the way how much knowledge and experience you have gathered by your course ?

As I said, I donā€™t go to online courses. What Iā€™ve learned Iā€™ve learned by teaching myself and by observing the trading of a close friend of mine who also trades. I read, I test what I read on a demo account, I try to apply to a live account. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t, but I mostly learn on my own.

1 Like

I appreciate your learning process and personal effort. Its call self training from current trading environment. Even though so many beginners canā€™t do that but you did. By the way, how you kept patience when demoā€™s knowledge didnā€™t work in real account?

I donā€™t know, a paid course may be good, but still thereā€™s so much free info right now.

I didnā€™t have a choice but to be patient. Frankly, initially there was some (a lot of) crying involved, because I am a pretty emotional person, but eventually I learned.