Become addicted

Become addicted to improve your skill. I think it does work in forex too. What do you think?

2 Likes

Definitely works :+1:

1 Like

Addiction is the side-effect of Love, and hmm, agreed.

1 Like

Become addicted to being successful; it’s the BEST ADDICTION.

2 Likes

Definitely it is quite necessary for all walks of traders and I highly appreciate your concern.

1 Like

No addiction is ever good. In trading for example, such an addiction may force you to jump from one strategy to another in search for a much more successful one, than the one you have, irrespective of how profitable it is. Addiction knows no limits.

2 Likes

Me too bro! In Forex, success is like a mirage to earn which we need to sweat a lot but yet success is uncertain.

1 Like

Thanks for your input! I agree that addiction can be harmful, but what I meant by ‘becoming addicted to improving skills’ is more about having a strong drive to learn and grow as a trader. This can help us stay focused and disciplined in our approach instead of constantly switching strategies.

1 Like

What really causes addiction — to everything from cocaine to smart-phones? And how can we overcome it? Johann Hari has seen our current methods fail firsthand, as he has watched loved ones struggle to manage their addictions. He started to wonder why we treat addicts the way we do — and if there might be a better way. As he shares in this deeply personal talk, his questions took him around the world, and unearthed some surprising and hopeful ways of thinking about an age-old problem:-

Addiction in its actual form is a scary thing, it means letting go of everything else in the name of serving that addiction. But I guess there really is no word to describe what you’re trying to say which I think is being slightly obsessed with trading?

But yes in that context, I agree. Because you can’t really improve on anything if it doesn’t consume you or if you don’t think about it a ton.

1 Like

No idea but I know becoming addicted to trading can have serious negative consequences on your financial and emotional well-being

In this world, nothing is really certain, and we often talk about things in terms of frequency. For example, when we say it’s dark, it’s not pitch-black there’s just not enough light for us to see properly.

1 Like

Good decision brother. It can benefit others so don’t wait, just give it a shot.

Honestly, being addicted to learning about Forex might sound good, but it can actually hold you back from starting your trading journey. You could spend a whole year gaining knowledge, but if you don’t apply it to real trading, it’s useless. My advice is to find a balance between learning and practice, so you can actually see progress in your trades.

I love this aspect of trading!
You MUST be a life-long learner.
Who can say that I am the best trader ever and that there is nothing else that I can learn? Absolutely no one!
I think I am addicted too! Sometimes I go to websites and read about very basic things about Forex (like leverage and hedge!!!)
You have to learn if you want to be a full-time trader!
Best Luck/

hello my friend
i want to be honest with you, i addicted to bet 3 year ago
it was really bad
please control yourrself and don’t get addicted to anything
for learning i think you can make special times for that for example on sunday from 5to8 because addiction will make you very big problems
think you are addicted to sports is it good? i think every kind of addiction is bad

Let me rewrite your sentence:
Become addicted to improving your practical skill.
Do not spend a lot of time on courses and websites, go and actually work practically to improve your trading skills!

i don think so. being addicted is terrible for everything and everywhere cause the world is made of balance and we have to keep this balance. humans always destroyed nature and the earth by being too extreme. weve ruined the world, we used too many resources and made everything what it is today. we really need to stop being extremists

of course i will. it works in every thing else. You absolutely may hear that practice makes perfect. but sometimes it may take a while.

I guess you have to ask yourself, am I fighting a losing battle? Have you been losing money for years but keep trading anyways? Do you know when to pack it in and call it quits?

Society deems negative habits that have a negative impact on you or your family’s lives such as gambling and drinking/drugs as addictions, which I believe they are. But on the other hand, if those habits have a positive impact are they still considered addictions?

I struggled with alcoholism all through my 20’s, I’ve been sober now for 16 years. Alcohol would have killed me if I didn’t quit, and that’s not even why I quit. That’s an addiction.

So, I ask myself occasionally “am I addicted to trading?” The answer could be yes, since I have an addictive personality, but because it doesn’t have a negative impact on my life then I choose to look at it as more of an obsession.

2 Likes