Beer

There are unfortunately very few beers that improve with age.

Light is beer’s worst enemy, followed closely by heat.

Fortunately for you, a dark beer will hold up better than a light beer.

Good luck with that!

Beer from Canadia eh:D
Jeez… Take off.

:stuck_out_tongue:

The best Canadian beer I’ve had more than one of, is a beer from a brewery called Unibroue called La Fin du Monde.

Drink it when you are a passenger only. At a 9% or so alcohol content, it will have you hunting duck with a rake in no time flat.

Chocolate beer from Germany?

Interesting what people tell :55: to sell something, lol. I bet that is never from Germany! Rather made in China with chocolate from India, lol.

Nope, no chinese dark beers that I can think of…

There are several German schwarzbier varieties that have chocolate in them. But I like dark beer best when it doesn’t have flavor added, and they get the chocolate or coffee flavors from the way the malt is roasted.

That’s how you can tell a true brewing master.

Ha ha, seriously there is no German beer with chocolate in Germany. Until a few years there was a Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and you couldn’t add anything beside of water, hops and barley and call it a beer. Now the law changed, but the breweries still follow the old law, because no native German who is not retarded would drink beer with chocolate or vanilla or something like that in it, lol. Sure there is sort of “beer” out there with some ingredients in it, but then it is not called beer, but red/green/blue “bull(ish)”. :wink:

Okay, maybe it’s not from China. Then I guess the chocolate beer has it’s roots in UK, where they probably drink something like that and call it delicious, lol. :smiley: Well, never mind! I really love british fish and chips and that ale! :7:

The more [B]Higgs Boson Beer[/B] you drink, the funnier this stuff gets:

Lighter side of the Higgs boson - Cosmic Log

(Sweet Pip might like Boson de Higgs, but Tang won’t —it’s from Canada.)

Oh jeez… I like Canadian beers too eh? Just not the power drinking kind like Labatt, or Molson.

So take off!

Is this really the best beer in America? - Bites

Guess I need to get out more I have never herd of this. However I will be the judge of that and get back to you :smiley:

That is truly a great beer.

Very hoppy, with loads of citrus. If I could describe it in a word, “clean” comes to mind. With most IPAs, the hops tend to generally overpower the show, resulting in a muddy floral bittering. Russian River manages to keep them very fresh, resulting in a bright, not overly sugary beer. Very crisp, with a nice dry finish, and very refreshing. Hard to get though. Russian River has decided not to get any bigger than they are, so as their popularity grows, it’s become almost unobtanium grade.

Pliney the Younger is supposed to be even better. But I’ve never had it. That one IS unobtanium…

obviously this is not a light beer !

You have to drink it with a straw because no one can lift the bottle.

Comes with it’s own gravitational field too !

I used to hate beer.
Then I walked into The Belgian Beer pub and tried this.
At $16 a pint its worth it(The boss paid for it :slight_smile: ). I’ve only found it in one bottle store and it costs $100 (AUD) for a case of 24!!
I bought two singles…
Anybody ever tried this? Heaven in a bottle.

It would be fitting that it was one of the building blocks of the universe, because beer is at the root of most of the things we take for granted in everyday life.

It’s antibiotic: Ancient brew masters tapped antibiotic secrets

It’s responsible for the invention of writing: History of Writing

It’s responsible for the invention of refrigeration: History of Innovation | Anheuser-Busch.com

It was one of the earliest know currencies: History of Innovation | Anheuser-Busch.com And more recently: BBC NEWS | Africa | Cameroon’s beer bottle ‘currency’

It’s responsible for America: The Pilgrims and Beer

And our subsequent patriotism: Was the Star-Spangled Banner a Drinking Song?

Beer is good:D

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

So I’m prolly gonna get slammed for this.

I’ve tried a few beers. Micro breweries aren’t as common in my area so I dont have a wide selection. But I have tried some “real” beers. I like them but I enjoy those ***** beers also. Budweiser is really my favorite. So there you go lol slam away. I really enjoy it. Sometimes I think people just dont like popular things because they’re popular.

But lately I’ve been into Shock Top. Anyone had these Lemon Shandy, Rasberry Wheat and Belgian White. That Lemon Shandy is damn good.

Tymen’s computer

Guinness has always been my favorite. But here in north Georgia there is a little town called Helen which is a recreation of a Bavarian village and every October they have October fest. There are some good German beers there.

Some of you might be surprised to learn that there really is a beer called Yellow Snow.

Actually, it’s called [B]Yellow Snow IPA[/B] (for the beer novices among us, IPA stands for India Pale Ale), and it’s brewed by the Rogue Brewery which Tang mentioned.

I adore stouts and ales: Guinnes and Belhaven FTW!

I love red beer, this is a great one! Smells great, tastes great.

Ha ha. That takes me back to my youth.

In terms of lager, I mainly drink Kronenbourg 1664. For bottled beer, Miller, Bud and Corona for me.

A nice Jim Beam goes down well when I used to play online poker.