Beer

I’ve drunk this a fair bit, it’s goood (and strong) The dark version is also really nice.

There is a small brewery in Fort Worth Texas called Rahr. It has one of my favorite black lagers. It is called Ugly Pug.

If you live in America, try Blue Moon … this is really good beer!
Enjoy.

Don’t know what any of these are like, but I like the names and labels in regards to Halloween coming soon …

I think I’ll be scouting around for any local Halloween kind here and do a taste test…will let you know. These would be great at a Halloween party but if you can’t find any, then the next best is just to slap a sticker over whatever ya got…you can order these online :wink:

I had a few pints of the Moorhouse Witches Brew the other day, it’s really really nice.

Well, then, this Bud’s for you, Bub.

• At 65 per cent alcohol, Armageddon is more potent than whisky or brandy
• It is brewed in Aberdeenshire and each 330ml bottle contains 22 units
• Bottles cost £80 in the shops but can be bought from brewers half-price

• • -

Distillers of fine Scotch whiskey are not pleased about this upstart brewer’s intrusion into the high-octane end of the booze market. So, to fight back, the makers of Chivas Regal have introduced a 200-proof “beer” called Doomsday, which is consumed by intravenous injection. Each 200-ml bottle comes with 10 sterile syringes, plus an I.V. needle and a length of surgical tubing. Just kidding about all that.

65% beer? That reminds me of the brewdog people who make consistently strong beers… for me pretty much removing the enjoyment of sitting back and having a few cold ones.

I love Sam Adams Boston Lager first and foremost, but i like Alaskan Winter. its seasonal but yummy.

I live in Mexico and if its not Negro Modelo then the rest all taste the same, Mexican beer is crap!

They really should stay away from producing it

The best beer on earth has got to be Super Bock :54:

A waitress carries beer mugs in the Hofbraeuhaus tent Sept. 22 after the opening of the famous Bavarian “Oktoberfest” beer festival in Munich.

More pictures from Oktoberfest 2012 — Bottoms up at Oktoberfest! - Slideshows and Picture Stories - NBCNews.com

I’m a big fan of Sam Adams Octorberfest when in season, but most of the time it’s Guiness or Amstel Lite

Do they come with a flake?? I’m planning a trip over there next year…

They don’t come with a flake, but there is plenty of ‘flaking out’ after a session at Oktoberfest :wink:

I almost forgot…here’s a beer I found locally…a pumpkin beer…lol. It was different and you could definately taste the pumpkin. It was ok as a novelty, but I really liked the artwork :wink:

Schadenfreude, eh? Loosely translated, that means “taking pleasure in someone else’s troubles”.

You gotta love the German language — they can pack a whole phrase into one word.

American beer isn’t as good as import

Nom nom nom brewdog do some great stuff. It’s not all tactical nuclear penguin either, some of the IPAs are ~4/5%.

I’ve a couple of cases of boxes of left in the house but no occasion ever seems good enough to crack one open.

An article in [I]The Baltimore Sun[/I] newspaper 13 years ago declared an end to the idea of [I]Deutsche Bier über alles[/I] (German beer above all others). The [I]Sun[/I] article claimed that Germans were switching to light beer, non-alcoholic beer, imported beer (gasp!), and beverages other than beer.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel says [I]“Nein”[/I] to that foolishness!

German Chancellor and head of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) Angela Merkel drinks a beer
after her speech in a beer tent in Munich May 15, 2013. — REUTERS/Michaela Rehle

My kind of guy there.

Wait… errrm…