Beginner's Disaster!

:smiley: yesterday, I got rid of a lot of lines from my chartsā€¦ :smiley:

TPs, SLs, and Sell lines?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha, no problem. I have a lot of clutter here as well. Not to say I use everything all the time, lol. However, tls are king.

Now your second tp got hit. Maybe it would be better to use a trailer then the last couple of pips for locking profits and still get the chance to ride to the end. :wink:

Ok gang

Just dropped my stop to 1-4231. May seem like an odd number but this locks in 200 pips for me, my biggest victory of my short trading adventure.

Not only takes me above $50 but puts me at $65 at least. Since price is currently around 1-4220 I wonā€™t be surprised to get stopped out shortly but hey, itā€™s been a good day at the office so no complaints.

Congrats to you guys who have also closed for a profit, Iā€™m sitting in my taxi here in Glasgow smiling because Iā€™m pleased for you too.

Just enough time to feel smug before we put it in the past and move on to the next outing.

Well done us.
HoG

Regarding those RSIs: Still room there. I have some with custom settings, but them can go to 0.000001 or something. H1 is at around 4 right now. What I can tell, those overbought or oversold indis are not really useful most of the time. It can go very far. Thatā€™s why itā€™s better to risk just a few pips and jump quick off board if price goes against the trade.

Looks like the head and shoulder on the 4h paid off =D, and right after a head and shoulder which happens to be the crown of the 4hā€™s head. Interesting month weā€™re having.

haha congratulations HoG, this is the beginning of a winning streak for youā€¦ just remember stick to those D,4h,1h charts and think as if you are a big bank, sovereign fund, etc.

It is not like a trust 100% the RSI but given the fact that we are reaching the uptrend line and 100 DMA, I use the indicator to give me an exit signal

Ok, if itā€™s part of the system and if itā€™s profitable, everything fine. I use those rsi the other way around in one of my systems, though. RSI are momentum indis and I use momentum recognition to look for trend momentum. If itā€™s high enough, it is likely that a trend is at work and will continue for a while.

if price breaks through 100 DMA (1.4150) i might short again.

Edit: after second thought I better stay on the sidelines, and look for a better R/R ratioā€¦

Eventually closed my trade at 1-4185. Price dipped into the 1-4160ā€™s, then back up into 80ā€™s and just generally bobbed around for a while. Wasnā€™t sure if the selling momentum had just taken a break or had gone altogether so decided to take the 246 pips, get an early night in bed for a change and then start again tomorrow.

So off to bed with a smile, account now sitting pennies under $70, which considering it started around $45 before this trade, Iā€™m delighted.

It was a good exit! ā€¦ at 1.4150 there are two major moving averagesā€¦ 100 daily and 21 weekly plus the uptrend from 1.2867 the price could need a little more of momentum to break those or more bad news from Europe or USA

HoG, just donā€™t try to overtrade. You must NOT trade every day. Just look for the best of the best setups. Those are not coming around every day. You have not much money left, so you must be more careful than with a big account. Try to survive. You are in survive mode now and not in making money mode. :wink:

Buckscoder

The good thing about being involved in a forum site like this is that you do get good advice from more experienced people and hopefully mewbies like me will take that advice and learn from it. Youā€™re right, I am firmly in survival mode just now but I am no longer as keen just to dive in at any cost. A good lesson learned.

Also, as things stand just now, the euro dollar is the only pair I have looked at or tried to study. I donā€™t feel familiar with any other pair just now. So considering yesterdayā€™s big move in euro dollar, and my lack of knowledge regarding typical price action of another pair ( regardless of the fact that there are charts available to study ) I feel it would be folly for me to try and jump staight back in just because I had a good day yesterday.

Research and patience have been the big lessons learned and probably the best " strategy " out there.

Iā€™m talking here as though I know it all just because Iā€™ve made one good trade. But it is not my intention to come across like that. My original account made a bad loss because of inexperience and impatience. I do feel as though I have learned the patience lesson. If I get it wrong in future it will be because my analysis is wrong. But that again is something that can be worked on.

Iā€™m sure every trader has felt the need to be " in a trade constantly " when they first started, in the belief that they will be millionaires before lunchtime. But good opportunities are a little like trains I guess. You need to wait a little for the right one to turn up.
HoG

Forgot to say, Iā€™d also like to thank yunny1 for showing us all the Jackson Pollok picture the other day, lol. Not sure if that was one of his earlier pieces but loved it all the same !!

HoG, those are just tips. You for yourself are on your own. You must decide what, when and how to trade for yourself. However, enjoy your profit and think of it like this: As long as you do not risk any other trade the money is yours. If you risk the next trade, it could go back to the markets. Thatā€™s why it is important in survival mode to think thrice before to open a trade. Look how much of the new earned money you are going to risk in the next trades. Go for small profits and very small risk. If you reach b/e you can switch to money making mode. To see if that works. Until then, you are still sailing in that nutshell across the ocean. With a water bottle now just a little less than half [B]full[/B], lol.

If I would be in your situation I would probably look for one trade a week and then a very good one. Not more. Not to say you must do the same. Thatā€™s just me.

Then something regarding pairs: Better know your one asset better like yourself than all pairs just a little bit. To make profit, you need just one pair. Avoid distraction.

Great pips to you! :slight_smile:

the big disaster is to trade yourself in your account and you do not have experience

So do we then tell our babies not to learn to walk because they have no previous experience in walking?? How else do we gain experience if it is not by doing ?
HoG

Hello Gang

The new week is upon us already. First of all let me say congratulations to Rory .

Target for this week is to make 100 pips to take me up over $80. Still fancy shorting Euro Dollar this week but havenā€™t heard or read any results from Euro Finance meeting Sunday, plus Greek vote on Tuesday so may hang on a bit yet. Best of luck again to all in their trades for this week.
HoG

I read in some forum that its difficult to be a profitable trader if you trade daily.

I have come to realize that its true. Its the same when I use to trade at market opening hours. Asian, UK then the US. That is another tough call.

You have to keep watching for trade setups. Especially set ups that will give you bias on smaller TFs. Then u enter and hold. U will rarely go wrong.

Without knowing what is bias, trying to pick entries on anything less then H1 or H4 is going to be loss making in the long run.