Beginners Question About Spread In Forex

Hello everyone, please after reading many articles on both bullish and bearish engulfing as well as both bullish and bearish harami pattern, I got stuck in confusion all because of various kinds of pattern I have been coming across online.

Now, my question is: can the wick of the first candle of both bullish and bearish pattern protrude below and above both bear and bullish candlestick:

I mean can the wick of the first candle of bullish engulfing protrude below the body of the engulfing candle itself?

Please this question also applies to the bearish engulfing and as well as both bullish and bearish harami candle. Please I need answer with picture, for I think this would help me to understand better.

Thanks .

The price can do anything, anytime.

Sometimes patterns fail and sometimes they succeed, sometimes they succeed despite not being exactly textbook formation.

By definition of a candle being engulfing,

The high and low of the second candle must be both higher and lower than the preceding candles high and low.

If it was anything else, it would not be an engulfing candle.

Your harami candles are otherwise known as inside bars. This is where the high and low of the second candle are inside the high and low of the candle preceding it.

1 Like

This should help with the candle patter you’re interested in.