Best Brokers/Trading Platforms in UK?

Just Graduated the School of Pipsology, I’m from the UK and would appreciate if anyone else would be able to enlighten me to what the best UK Forex Brokers/Trading Platforms are?

I try to google this question however it shows me pages of Broker ads which are overwhelming.

Any help will be much appreciated!

A regulated broker is the first must.
IG would be my personal choice of UK broker and they have their own very user friendly platform and tick all the boxes.
TD365 are Australian with London offices - they have fixed spreads, also worth a look but their own platform is not as user friendly as IG.

P.S Congratulations on your graduation - you have started in the right place :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know!
What does IG stand for? I’m getting different results when I try look it up!

Thanks Johnny much appreciated :slight_smile:

good suggestions above, from Johnny :sunglasses:

absolutely essential, if UK-resident, to use a broker regulated by the FCA (many are)

i like Oanda, and one of their trading platforms (which they call “advanced charting”) is actually a white label version of the top subscription-level of TradingView, but free when used with an Oanda account - that’s actually a big plus!

but anything that avoids MetaTrader is some kind of “plus”, anyway

4 Likes

I believe they started out as a gold index, hence IndexGold.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, I shall add Oanda to the list!

Is MetaTrader frowned upon in the community if it’s a plus that it’s avoided? Noob question haha

Yes I have found it now, Thanks Johnny! :slight_smile:

it’s very widely recommended by people who are not making a living from their trading

there are reasons for that

the Metatrader Corporation has also announced that MT4 is being phased out, and specifically that no more updates or maintenance etc. will be available for it

there’s also this (click the green link) -

3 Likes

That’s good to know thank you very much for telling me :slight_smile:
So in layman terms I could just use Oanda + Tradingview without having to ever touch MT4/5?

1 Like

absolutely right :sunglasses: (and without needing to pay for TradingView)

1 Like

Very good to know thank you! :smiley:

Is trading using TradingView popular with every good trader?

i’d say it’s popular with a high proportion of good retail traders (this is a really small group of people, though); more professional traders aren’t trading spot forex anyway

the same is doubtless also true of “CTrader” (also very good, and free)

but as mentioned above, anything that avoids MetaTrader is some kind of “plus”, anyway :wink:

3 Likes

Have you checked Hotforex, Tickmill or IB? These are good trading venues to start for newcomers.

be aware that Hotforex (HFM) and Tickmill both pay people by the post to mention them in favourable contexts in trading forums

you can see which members have made huge numbers of posts recommending them by using the forum’s search function

there are some members here who have been doing this thousands of times over many years

draw your own conclusions about whether these are good brokerages - personally i wouldn’t use either

5 Likes

You joined babypips on Dec 6 and graduated the School of Pipsology on the same day. How is that possible? :thinking:

1 Like

December 6th is the date I first used the Forums, I started BabyPips the start of November.

I made a mistake. I’ve always thought the joined date meant the day we signed up for babypips. It’s only now that I realized that it means the day we joined the forums. Sorry about that. :sweat_smile:

Congrats on graduating the School of Pipsology in a month.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for your warning, will should keep that in mind. I think we have to carefully choose brokers taking into consideration such subtle info too.