Best forex mentors?

Hello friends
Sadly babypips is just not helping as much for me. I need more assistance I am in my early 17 years of age and learning forex on your own can be very difficult but I choose not to give up. Where can I find a great mentor that will help lead me on the right path?

Try The Swag Academy (YouTube) or The Trading Channel (YouTube).

Good luck.

What are you struggling with?
Do you have 3-5 of your most recent trades you can share?

I have been watching his YouTube videos and I been reached out to him. he said you must be at least 18 to join an academy

I haven’t start trading yet I don’t even have a live account open yet. I know all the basic to forex its just when i get to the market i feel as if I’m doing things incorrect I truly need guidance its hard doing this on my own

Until you turn 18 may I suggest reading a few good trading books on various styles and on various instruments so as to give yourself an idea on what styles of trading there are and perhaps what style of trader you want to be.

Cheers

Blackduck

Yes, can you please send me a list of good trading books to read?

Encyclopedia Of Chart Patterns by Thomas Bulkowski

Trading in The Zone by Mark Douglas

Market Wizard by Jack Schwager

Try those to start with.

Cheers

Blackduck

2 Likes

Thank youu!!!

Good luck I wished I had started at your age.

Cheers

Blackduck

The best approach is not a mentor, but personal experience

1 Like

So if your personal experience is that you lose a lot of money and blow your account how does that substitute for a good mentor??

How does that trader then develope a good trading strategy and understanding of how to trade?? Does he miraculously discover the secret to success by his failures??

Who’s to say that this unsuccessful trader will then embark on another attempt to trade still with no idea, and then proceed to lose even more money?? And how much money does a trader have to lose before he stumbles on the secret to success???

Maybe a good mentor can answer some of those questions.

Cheers

Blackduck

2 Likes

Till the time you turn up 18, read some books on forex trading. These books will help you immensely.

1. How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange, by Courtney Smith
  2. Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms, by Jim Brown

Research on basic terminologies and keep on exploring.

Anything worth doing is going to be “hard”- especially doing it “on your own”.
The statistics you see claiming anything between 80-95% of “retail traders” losing money are real- for a reason.