Best managed forex accounts?

Hello guys and gals.

Wondering if anyone can share there experience with a good managed Forex account provider?

I’m not sure what you mean !

DO you mean someone to do your betting for you? - so you have someone to blame if you fail ? :expressionless:

1 Like

Hmm

I mean managed forex accounts. Have you heard of thoughs??

Such as fxmac , managed forex hub etc

And we are not “betting”

Managed forex accounts just like you can get someone to manage your stock portfolio.

Blame nobody but yourself,

So your answer is “yes” then - If you are not “Betting” why do most lose money ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not here to argue.

If anyone has any other value added or topic related comments it would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had an unpleasant experience with a so called managed fund who traded forex many years ago. I entrusted a part of my SMSF which is an Australian version of the USA 401K… After a good start the account went into draw down rapidly. After the 1st month or so I was in a 25 % drawdown in a sizeable account in what I thought to be favourable trading conditions. I could see the trades in a MT4 account but could not intervene. Needless to say I pulled the plug on it very quickly. At the time they were associated with Vantage FX whom was my personal trading broker and so I entrusted them foolishly.

These days I have seen many copy trade accounts in which you can pick a trader with good results and copy his trades for a fee I presume, have never participated and would never entertain it, but not to say there wouldn’t be some good performing reputable traders out there delivering reasonable returns. Good luck in your pursuit.

That is fairly normall I believe. If you study the long term results, They tend to indicate that a big winner in any particular year will drop down the rankings in future years - because they tend to trade more risky and luck moves around !

There used to be one which I was aware of which was not exactly a managed fund, but a way of investing in a manager who was reputed to be pretty good, but it was expensive - Look up “Berkshire Hathaway” which was Warren Buffet’s Company.

Movement in all these things tends to be cyclical. If any single one was exceptional, it would end up owning the world !

To demonstrate, there used to be a strategy called “Dogs of the DOW” which advocated betting on the worst performing companies in the “Dirty Thirty” - That strategy far outperformed managed funds and the DJIA itself, on this basis.

It has been a long time (15 years?) since I checked that though.

The thing to ask yourself is what we always come back to ;- "If they are so good - why are they wanting to trade MY money, when they could do so much better trading their OWN money ? "

That applies to
"Managed funds"
“Investment advisors” (Tipsters in horse racing parlance)
“Mentors”
“EA’s”

etc, etc - Anyone who wants to be paid for “Helping you to make your fortune” - must satisfy that single question - without BS and should be treated with scepticism.

I know out there somewhere there are successful account managers. Why would they want to trade my money? Well its just like any other business - is to make money $$
They trade your account and take a portion of the profits ( if any).

I am not looking for a get rich quick scheme, I thought i would post the question and see if anyone actually has had a pleasant experience with a Forex managed account with a legitimate strategy and strict money management… max draw down caps etc :grin:

ouch!

You would think any professionally managed account “manager” would never let it get to a point of 25% draw down. I would say 95% of the managed accounts out there are plain old crap and have no real risk strategy or trading strategy.

The copy trade method it seems don’t last long either. I find when i follow a particular trader they eventually start trading with high risk and lack self control. But it is what it is.:pensive:

Exactly…I jumped in blind and hopeful and the results speak for themselves…Self discipline seems to be one of the most problematic issues us traders face unfortunately.

1 Like

Berkshire Hathaway are legendary…professional money managers with a proven track record. No problem investing with a hedge fund like that but entry in to the fund is millions of dollars we wouldn’t qualify. They need money to trade to make money, 1% of billions is a lot of profit compared to what any individual can raise by himself.

I guess realistically a draw down is inevitable as money ebbs and flows but when your investment turns south quickly and at a rapid rate of knots I think best to jump of the sinking boat as quick as you can…

1 Like

Yes but it depends for me and my experience I have a very good account manager