Best Markets/Time Frames to find Triangle Patterns

Hi all,

I’ve recently been trying to work on trading with Triangle breakout patterns, but find that in the timeframe and markets that I use most commonly, I find very few opportunities.

I trade the H1 time frame with my normal strategy and watch GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD and EURJPY. However, I don’t often see triangle patterns forming here.

So I was wondering whether anyone who trades breakouts regularly can expand on which markets you see patterns forming often and whether a smaller time frame is actually better for this too?

Thanks

The first one I looked at EURUSD has one forming. Is this just me seeing something that is not there, or is that a triangle pattern?

@F0ssB0r0

You can sit around all day plotting descending and ascending lines on a 1 hour chart, or you can take a chill pill look at the daily and trade inside bars.

They are the same thing but one infinitely easy than the other.

2 Likes

All kinds of time frames can be used with triangle patterns.

You can keep observing the descending and ascending lines and see if they somehow form a triangle. This could be a lengthy process.

I usually look on H1 but trade on m15

More you trade, the more you learn. Based on your trading style, you can see different chart patterns.