Best Pairs For Range Trading

I’ve been live trading since 2018, using strategies that work best in ranging markets and which suffer when there are breakouts leading to longer trends. To date I’ve only traded majors (USDJPY & EURUSD), but have been advised that Crosses would would probably be a better choice for ranging strategies. I’d be interested to know if there is some agreement with that advice, and if so, which pairs to consider.
Thanks

I think sayings like these are a generalisation that’s based on what happened in the speaker’s most recent experience. Doesn’t mean its a permanent characteristic.

But I’m guessing your strategy involves some kind of assessment of the specific market to tell you if its a suitable set-up for range-trading or not. Do you have an objective methodology for that or do you rely on visual recognition of a range?

Thanks Tommor - I run a hedge & hold strategy, which of course makes me vulnerable to breakouts into long trends, the losing positions then take a long time to unwind & also eat up margin.