Best times and no gos for USDJPY

Hi,

I hope someone can help me here. I am trading during the day, 0900 AM - 0100 AM GMT. I would like to know if you could expose some facts or experiences to recommend me the best times to trade the USDJPY

Are there any no gos? e.g. this evening it was dead at 20.00.

Plus, what could I trade after 1700 GMT? Some say it is a dead zone… is there any possibility? or do all the FX traders sleep at this time?

Thanks in advance!
francsfx

probably that might help -USD/JPY Discussion - Page 1765 @ Forex Factory- really good usdjpy thread on forexfactory - you can get some reasonable piece of info from there

The USD/YEN did not confirm the small positive day reversal returning instead a little under some pressure suggesting a move toward the 77,10/00 support area.
The indicators of the daily chart are still in positive territory but those of the s/t ones are negative this morning supporting lower levels. In the s/t, still only an hourly closing above 77,91 will support higher levels suggesting a 78 overshooting. A break below 77,50 confirmed by an hourly closing will instead extend the corrective move toward the 77 area!
I keep staying on the sidelin

Just a heads up we are forex traders most of these guys never sleep. Me on the other hand I need my beauty sleep. So yes you are correct 1700 EST I am asleep till about 1830-1900 EST

The USD/YEN confirmed a negative weekly closing and also the daily one was weak hitting again the 77,00 area. We expect some support around this level from where we should be able to see a rebound.
The indicators of the daily chart are still in positive territory as well as those of the weekly one. We have instead negative indicators on the s/t charts supporting further weakness. The decline started again to form bullish divergences in the hourly chart suggesting that the decline could again not be over yet. In the s/t, only an hourly closing above 77,30 will support a correction with the 200 hours line at 77,81 the possible attraction.
I keep staying on the sideline.
I believe forex news - easy

The USD/YEN confirmed a session of consolidation interior the previous day’s range forming a new inside day with 78,30 – 77,15 the levels to follow in the coming hours. The indicators of the daily chart are still positive but those of the s/t ones are mixed supporting further consolidation.

The USD/YEN confirmed on Friday a further session of consolidation interior the inside day with 78,30 – 77,15 still the levels to follow in the coming hours. Only a daily closing above 78,30 will support higher levels.

The USD/YEN confirmed also yesterday further consolidation interior the inside day with 78,30 – 77,15 still the levels to follow in the coming hours. Only a daily closing above 78,30 will support higher levels.

The USD/YEN is confirming further consolidation interior the inside day with 78,30 – 77,15 still the levels to follow in the coming hours. Only a daily closing above 78,30 will support higher levels. The indicators of the daily chart are still positive but those of the s/t ones turned negative putting the dollar under some pressure. The decline should however be corrective and the indicators are already entering the oversold area.
I remain on the sideline while following the inside day.

The USD/YEN confirmed yesterday a test of the support of the inside day before however turning again higher. We are therefore following still the 78,30 – 77,15 levels for a possible break out. Again only a daily closing above 78,30 will support higher levels.

The USD/YEN is still interior the inside day with 78,30 – 77,15 still the levels to follow for a possible break out. Again only a daily closing above 78,30 will support higher levels.
The indicators of the daily chart are still positive as well as those of the weekly one. Those of the s/t ones are still mixed suggesting further consolidation.
Only a break above 77,80 confirmed by an hourly closing will postpone further weakness favouring a test higher!
We remain on the sideline while following the inside day