Best trade ever!

Tell us the story of your best trade ever. Why it’s the best for you?

It’s not happened yet!

2 Likes

I have so many, Which one do u want to hear?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Shortly after I first started trading, I was still living out my fantasies of being the next George Soros and shorting the pound. The trade was going well, so well in fact that I decided to remove my original take profit. Unfortunately, I didn’t realise it at the time, but I had also accidentally deleted my stop loss.

Even more unfortunately, the trade was going so well, I decided to leave it open overnight.

I woke up the next morning, a little later than usual, expecting to see a nice swollen balance.

Instead, there was pittance left in my account. Evidently, the position had turned against me in the early hours of the morning and completely wiped out my account at the start of the London session, which I had slept through.

I lost a good few quid on that trade but I consider it one of my best trades ever because it taught me several important lessons, not least of which was to always make sure I am fully conversant with the particular platform I am using.

To this day, I don’t like leaving positions open overnight unless I can help it and I am very reluctant to mess with my stop loss and take profit after entering a trade unless I absolutely feel there is a critical need to do so.

That particular trade might have cost me money but the lessons I took from it were definitely worth every penny!

5 Likes

Love the perfectionism :fire:

The bestest best best best best best best best best best :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :joy: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:. I think everybody has to read this one.

1 Like

I must say my first profit was the best experience I had so far.

3 Likes

every trade that I earn money, even less. I cant say my losses are my best experience but because I learn from them to avoid the same mistake in future trades i can say some how I like them too . trading is fine to me.

1 Like

the firsts are always memorable.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Many traders are the same way, because first impressions are always remembered. :upside_down_face:

Great! Keep going in this way, but bear in mind that for some people, one of their losses is the best trade because they learn something from it and then make a lot of money with that lesson. :wink: