Best Trading Themed Movies

Trading Places happens to be my favorite trading movie, The Wolf of Wall Street is a close second.

What other trading movies should I put on my watch list?

1 Like

Dumb Money

The Big Short

There’s a book for the Big Short, but I only watched the movie.

1 Like

I saw the preview for Dumb Money, definitely plan on watching that one.

1 Like

What are your favorite parts of Trading Places?

For me, it was on the train when Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy were singing.

Also, when Eddie got angry at his house party. ¨Who’s been putting out their coles on my floor?¨

You can also check Marging Call (7.1/10):

3 Likes

Oh, don’t forget about the Bernster!

2 Likes

The train scene was hilarious and when Dan Akroyd was dressed as Santa Claus eating the ham through his beard after failing at setting up Murphy. But the whole movie was funny.

1 Like

For Movie… Rogue Trader (Barings Bank Collapse)

For those that fancy a bit of T&A with their… Well… T&A… Industry (16 part series)

Or if you live in the real world and could use some Market knowledge… (See Below)

Enjoy…

3 Likes

1 Like

I bookmarked y’all; definitely watching all of these.

3 Likes

Lets not forget Wall Street never sleeps with Michael Douglas and
Boiler Room with Ben Affleck.

2 Likes

Love all the movie suggestions, some of these I didn’t know about. Hopefully Netflix has most of them :grinning:

1 Like

If other’s doesn’t care about spoilers, tell me about this one. how is it?

Probably people don’t want a film to be spoiled here. I sent a message to you, and maybe we can talk about it.

2 Likes

"Boiler Room" (2000) - This movie centers on a college dropout who gets a job as a broker for a suburban investment firm. He soon realizes that the job is not as legitimate as it seems.

2 Likes

Same here. :sweat_smile: Among the ones given so far, I only know the Wolf of Wall Street. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

FYI… ‘Boiler Room’ and ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ are both based on the same true story. ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ is from the point of view of the boss aka ‘The Wolf’ (Jordan Belfort) and is based on his autobiography of the same name that came out in 2008.

‘Boiler Room’ is based on the point of view of an up and coming stock broker who quickly starts to realize that something is seriously amiss at his new company. It was written long before Belfort’s autobiography ever came out and is simply based on interviews with people, court room accounts and all other public information that came out in the legal aftermath of the company.

‘Boiler Room’ is a little more about the personal Character played by Giovanni Ribisi and his relationship and attempts to get his dad’s approval…

‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ is more about the name-sake character’s crazy exploits in the drug fuelled late eighties and early nineties…

3 Likes

You are a considerate person @Ethan.ishere. No need… I watched it myself. Thank you for the suggestion.

Well, you’re welcome, and then sorry, I totally forgot to tell you about it😅

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea; thank you for the insight. However, the wolf of Wall Street is more exaggerated than the boiler room. Don’t you think so?