Best trailing stop loss for EUR/USD Swing trading

Hey people…i was wondering what the best trailing stop is if am swing trading the EUR/USD on the 4hr Time frame because I used 20pips and i was over stopped out…could anyone help me. Thank you :blush:

Hi, did you try to increase sl ? 20 pips on H4 is a very low value. Regards Greg

2 Likes

Can you please share any screenshots?

1 Like

I agree with ProfessorPips. Just to add an objective measure, ATR can be used for setting a entry to SL distance. But right now the ATR14 for EUR/USD on the H4 chart is currently only 18 pips: its only 41 on the daily.

1 Like

As a rule of them follow price action in place to stop a measure of pips below the lowest low or above the highest high depending on what direction you are going

1 Like

I really wanted to increase but i was stuck on "by how much should I increase coz i don’t wanna realize a loss that i would have stopped earlier

Thanks. I also liked at the ATR Abe the readings didn’t seem to help

Some trends last 2 days and have on higher lows so it’s hard to tell coz the capital i have can’t withstand me holding trades longer than a week and i also prefer less than a week

My apologies i really didn’t take any screenshots but am gonna take them when I try the same strategy coz am sure if you see the screenshots you will be able to help me easily

try 50 pips and more