Best U.S. brokers? No newbie opinions please!

There is so much conficting information on this site about the best brokers to use, it is practically impossible to make a good decision on which U. S. broker to choose. So I hope the responses to this thread will help clear some of the confusion. If you are new to FOREX, less than 3 years of trading experience with a live account, please do not reply to this thread. I am not interested in newbie opinions or opinions from traders that demo trade. Most of the negative opinions here appear to be from inexperienced traders.

It seems like the number of US brokers are shrinking since 2011: From 18 brokers, we are now down to 11.
I think this article might be a good starting point for you. At least it gives you what brokers are active in the US and how many live accounts they have: www.forexmagnates.com/q4-2012-forex-traders-profitability-report-us-forex-market-keeps-losing-brokers-and-accounts/

Thanks for that website. Can anyone else share personal experience/opinions?
FYI - I found this on the site:
How to Choose a Forex Broker - BabyPips.com
and Forex Broker Comparison: Compare Currency Trading Brokers Information

US brokers are definitely shrinking as it is harder to compete with overseas. NFA sets too many strict regulations that severely limits the ability of USA brokers to provide services. Leverage is 50:1 if you’re lucky, meanwhile overseas you can get it for 1000:1 or even 3000:1 with fxglory.

however, if you really want a US broker, I do not recommend eToro. It’s true many like it, but not I. After demoing with their webtrader, I realize how much potential it lacks in terms of analysis to perform, indicators, and stability. Instead, now I am trading overseas with Instaforex at the moment and I suggest you do the same rather than sticking with the US brokers. You’ll find yourself extremely limited and have regulations you don’t even understand shoved in your face.

Do you still trade with Instaforex? Is it allowed for US to open account there?

I agree. Etoro is only good with user interface but not rich with features. I’ll go for FXCM which is NYSE listed.

I would say avoid US brokers no matter what but, since you are stretched by Dod something you cannot open an fx account outside so the only I would recommend you is FXCM, I tried IBFX but they let me down after a while.