Beto wants the guns

I’ll give it to him for taking a stand…

Has that worked anywhere else?

Great question. I have no clue. I keep hearing about Australia, but the Twittersphere is saying it didn’t work over there. Can any Australians shed some experience?

He’s really trying to differentiate himself from others by taking definitive stances on everything, huh?

Sure looks like it. But there’s plenty others in the field with more exposure. Tough road ahead I think.

Its possible the entire gun control issue is a generated argument that is simply a differentiator between “left” and “right” party supporters. Nobody is going to do anything about it (look at Obama’s record for evidence of this) so these guys can talk as tough as they like, their policies will never have to be implemented and tested in the courts.

Which imo is a damn shame. We don’t need assault rifles.

Here’s a more recent one from NZ:

Huh didn’t realize some states in the US have also done it. Pales in comparison to the 10k that NZ was able to collect though. Chicago was only able to collect 150.

Then again $100 for a gun in Chicago vs. NZ’s 70-95% refund rate…

Scoured the internet for the buy back price list, here’s a snippet:

Here’s a link to the doc if you’re interested: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/prohibited-firearms-and-parts-buy-back-price-list.pdf

A person with no intention of shooting anyone or breaking any licensing laws would be happy to comply. But if they’re planning to shoot some people, would they really hand in a gun?

I feel the tide is shifting ever so slightly against the gun lobby, or at least open support for it, but you’re right. If something effective was going to be done, there has been plenty of opportunity.

Still, there is some shifting going on. I read yesterday about Nascar dropping gun/ammo related advertising from it’s business. The NRA wasn’t happy.

Every time the NRA is pissed off about something we as a planet are closer to become a better place.

Haha, funny.

1 Like